Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#107770 - 10/04/07 02:36 PM kershaw vapor folding knife
joaquin39 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia,Pennsyvania, USA.
I bought a Kershaw Vapor folding knife for under 20 bucks in WalMart. It is sharp. The stud to open it with one hand was kind of tricky at the beginning but I found out how to do it and now it is fine. I have it for a couple months now and I don't have to sharpen it yet. It came very sharp from the factory. the 3" blade is made of AUS6 steel and the handles are stainles steel. A removable pocket clip is provided. It is designed by Ken Onion for Kershaw. I think is a good investment and I am very happy with it. Probably I can spend a lot more money for a better knife, but for my daily use it is good enough, and if I loose it or brake it it is not a great loss.

#107776 - 10/04/07 04:02 PM Re: kershaw vapor folding knife [Re: joaquin39]
AROTC Offline
Addict

Loc: Manhattan
I bought one of these for my mom a few years back. She really liked it and used it a lot until she lost it. I'm not a huge fan of liner locks, but its a very good knife.

#107791 - 10/04/07 06:52 PM Re: kershaw vapor folding knife [Re: joaquin39]
dchinell Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: FL
I agree that it seems to be a good value. In addition, it's small enough to fit in most of the containers I use for PSKs. I bought two, and I'm a satisfied customer.

Bear

#107793 - 10/04/07 07:02 PM Re: kershaw vapor folding knife [Re: dchinell]
thseng Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NW NJ
Originally posted here , I said:

Quote:
I EDC one. I also bought it at stuffmart. Actually, I'm on my second one - I lost the first one but didn't have to cry about it because it was only $20.

I chose it mainly because it was in my price range and it has a good blade profile for "survival" use - fairly stout and not too pointy.

They are made in Worker's Paradise, so I suggest you ask the guy behind the counter to take out several of them and look them over carefully, choosing the best one. My first one had a very slight warp to the blade that I didn't notice right away and my current has a slightly marginal fit between the blade and the stop pin that may eventually cause some trouble after a lot of wear.

I use and abuse mine every day with no worries about dinging a $150 collector's item. Now if someone GAVE me a Mini-RSK...

UPDATE: After losing and replacing my first one, my wife found it later. I said "thanks" and held out my hand but she kept it instead...

"Never trust and engineer who doesn't carry a pocketknife."

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 413 Guests and 59 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.