Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#93463 - 05/03/07 02:15 PM Gratitude
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
All,

I have come to the realization (once again) of just how valuable this forum, and its members, are for me. More than just the sharing of information and opinion, y'all have been a refuge for me. Through my time in Baghdad, New York, and Australia, this forum has been there. It has been a place for me to go and escape my solitude. It has distracted me from the dangers and hardships I otherwise had to face. It has been a link back to my roots; to my home, my family, my friends, and a way of life that held great value to me, all of which I had to leave behind over two and a half years ago. This forum has given me a place to express a lot of my personal values and to share a lot of my personal experiences. In turn, you have also shared with me a lot of yourselves. Believe me, this is a big deal, and something I really appreciate beyond any words.

I am not one prone to many "Share the love" moments, as many of you may have come to understand about me and my style. Today, however, I am compelled to convey this, my gratitude, to the hosts of this forum, and to the members with whom I have shared so much, even though we have never really met.

Today, I will gladly accept a big dose of humility and freely admit that I may not be the easiest guy to "cuss and discuss" a lot of issues with, but I hope all of you have been able to recognize that in every response, whether in support of or contrary to your own positions, I have the greatest respect for all y'all. I've tried to make that point clear, but sometimes when I read my older posts, I am not so sure that comes out so clearly. So I am saying it now; all of you who take the time and make the effort to post here on a regular basis have my respect and my gratitude.

Anyone up for one of those "Mary Tyler Moore end of the series group hugs"? laugh

#93469 - 05/03/07 02:41 PM Re: Gratitude [Re: benjammin]
JIM Offline
Old Hand

Loc: The Netherlands
I agree with every word you said. Great to have this forum with all of the members!!

#93470 - 05/03/07 02:44 PM Re: Gratitude [Re: benjammin]
Bluecimmers Offline
Stranger

Loc: New York
Zen hug from Bluecimmers! grin

#93476 - 05/03/07 03:42 PM Re: Gratitude [Re: benjammin]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
There with you, Benjammin. This group is my number one source of social interaction where I can be myself and not be ridiculed (much).

Manly hugs,
-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#93477 - 05/03/07 04:01 PM Re: Gratitude [Re: benjammin]
Nicodemus Offline
Paranoid?
Veteran

Loc: Virginia, US
I agree that this forum is both a valuable resource and haven.

I appreciate Doug and Company for providing it!

And thanks, Benjammin, for reminding us. smile

#93481 - 05/03/07 04:25 PM Re: Gratitude [Re: Nicodemus]
stealthedc Offline

Loc: Durham NC
I recently started posting here, and never really made an introduction, and I am sure that I have yet to make anybody feel gratuitus, but I would like to say one thing about this forum and why I like it:

Even though we (for the most part) don't get into all the politics and emotional issues that lots of people are very passionate and vocal about, everybody respects everybody else. Other forums, especially survival or emergency preparedness related ones, are full of very vocal individuals that rather rudley make there position known on any given issue, and completley insult if not down right offend the individuals on the other side of the fence.

This very notion might be why it is so difficult for the vast majority of people who are into preparedness to be seen as reasonable, practicle and normal, because the 5% or so of the "crazy survivalists" (as the stereotypes lean to) give everybody else a bad rap.

Hope that made sense?

Oh well. I too would like to thank all those who make this a site that I check everyday. Wasn't it grandma that said "you learn something new everyday"? Guess this is one of the means to that end.

#93483 - 05/03/07 04:44 PM Re: Gratitude [Re: stealthedc]
Themalemutekid Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
I agree, this is by far one of the most civilized forums that I've run across.IMO it all comes down to good Moderators. Keep up the good work guys.

#93490 - 05/03/07 05:28 PM Re: Gratitude [Re: Themalemutekid]
Be_Prepared Offline
Addict

Loc: Massachusetts
Ditto the others... plus an observation that every day I come visit ETS, I seem to find out something new that I didn't know, but, probably should. That's a healthy thing for all of us, and it certainly helps keep the ego in check, and keep you humble.

Thanks all!

- Ron

#93514 - 05/03/07 07:14 PM Re: Gratitude [Re: benjammin]
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
I offer a great BIG BEAR HUG to you Benjammin and to all the great memebrs of this site.

Thanks to all-
Pete

#93521 - 05/03/07 07:43 PM Re: Gratitude [Re: benjammin]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Warm fuzzies from ben.... weird.... But I'm not going to disagree with what you're saying, either.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 353 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.