Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#77250 - 11/18/06 07:48 PM A Better Leather Flight Jacket from D.R.
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Just in time for the holidays, I am pleased to announce the Doug Ritter FlameGaurd™ Leather Flight Jacket. I've always had a weak spot for the classic A2 leather "bomber" jacket. It's hard to beat it for plain old great looks and you can get by wearing one in just about any situation short of a formal occasion. My problem was that I never could get one with the combination of features I wanted. Well, "never say never," my grandfather used to say. (no, that's not a typo, that the way the trademark FlameGaurd™ is spelled)

The Doug Ritter FlameGaurd™ Leather Flight Jacket is a practical and functional, great looking upgraded leather bomber jacket with all the features I want and a jacket that could save your life™ as well. The combination of fire resistant FAA-approved goatskin leather, a Nomex lining and Nomex knit cuffs and waist band significantly up the protection for a pilot (or driver) in an accident.

Compared to the standard A2, my Doug Ritter FlameGaurd™ Leather Flight Jacket has four practical and secure interior pockets along with the two outside snap flap patch pockets over the hand warmer pockets, eight pockets total.

For those wanting even more storage, you can add an optional sunglasses and pen pocket to either, or both, sleeve(s).

The Nomex lining of the Doug Ritter FlameGaurd™ Leather Flight Jacket is available in your choice of black or our exclusive orange Nomex (no extra charge). My original sample came with the bright orange lining and I loved it, but most of my friends and associates who saw it weren't nearly so excited about the orange. I can take a hint, so the next one we did in black (pictured here). It's your choice; just depends if you are enamored of safety orange or prefer a more fashionable and less attention grabbing black.

The dark brown knit Nomex cuffs and waist bad are designed to provide added protection in case of fire, just as with current issue mil-spec Nomex flight jackets. They ensure that there's no chance that flames will get under the protective barrier of the FlameGaurd™ leather and Nomex as could happen with open cuffs or waist band.

These Nomex features are a huge safety upgrade over the normal poly-cotton and nylon you'll find in less technologically advanced versions of the A2, or the silk or cotton equipped versions of the WW II original.

The supple dark brown goatskin FlameGaurd™ leather is treated to be water and stain resistant and will age beautifully. Goatskin is also a tough leather, despite the luxurious hand and feel. It's all sewn with Nomex thread.

Beyond the FlameGaurd™ leather, Nomex features and these special added touches, the jacket incorporates the excellent feature set from the classic A2 jacket. There's a snap-down leather collar and a leather wind flap over the solid brass zipper (with Nomex zipper tape). The epaulets aren't there to hold a pair of pilot's boards (though they could). They are securely cross sewn at both ends so that in an emergency where someone had to pull you out of or away from a flaming crash or wreck "right now," they can grab hold of those epaulets without them tearing loose.

A portion of the proceeds from the sale of each Doug Ritter FlameGaurd™ Leather Flight Jacket goes to support the non-profit Equipped To Survive Foundation.

Give a gift or buy yourself a gift of great looks, functionality and safety this holiday season. Price of my Doug Ritter FlameGaurd™ Leather Flight Jacket is $475 and it's available exclusively from Aeromedix.com

For additonal details and photos, please see: http://www.dougritter.com/dr_flamegaurd_jacket.htm
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#77251 - 11/18/06 09:04 PM Re: A Better Leather Flight Jacket from D.R.
Burncycle Offline
Addict

Looks sharp!

#77252 - 11/19/06 04:34 AM Re: A Better Leather Flight Jacket from D.R.
311 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: NY USA
Wish I had the dough! The price is a bundle, but it sounds like you get what you pay for. This jacket covers all the possibilities, even Nomex thread. After you survive the fire, you won't have your jacket coming apart at the seams!

#77253 - 11/19/06 04:39 AM Re: A Better Leather Flight Jacket from D.R.
311 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: NY USA
Let's see, now. If I save a dollar a day . . . . . 1 year & 4 months?

#77254 - 11/19/06 04:45 AM Re: A Better Leather Flight Jacket from D.R.
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Nomex + signal liner + pocket for the PSP + pocket for a AMK Pocket Medic + more usable pockets.

Add a silk scarf (white or cream, of course) that is long enough to wind aroudn your head, and a pair of gloves, and you not only look sharp, but are equipped in a socially invisable manner. Only thing missing is a blood chit.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#77255 - 11/19/06 05:31 PM Re: A Better Leather Flight Jacket from D.R.
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
How are the inside pockets configured? Could they possibly be used, or modified, to work with a small handgun, something like the 511 Tactical BBS holsters???

#77256 - 11/19/06 05:35 PM Re: A Better Leather Flight Jacket from D.R.
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

They have been specifically changed from the original design so that they are NOT handgun pockets. If you want to have handgun pockets, get the original. Those pockets accept small frame or short barreled revolvers and semis, but they are just a pocket, no holster or provision for one.

www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#77257 - 11/19/06 05:43 PM Re: A Better Leather Flight Jacket from D.R.
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

That's about it. You get it! <g>
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#77258 - 11/19/06 05:56 PM Re: A Better Leather Flight Jacket from D.R.
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Thanks...

#77259 - 11/19/06 07:00 PM Re: A Better Leather Flight Jacket from D.R.
Frankie Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Montréal, Québec, Canada
It's about the price of a The North Face Gore Tex jacket... I don't know if I could buy one because I live in Canada and I would also want to try it on. But it's instructive to read the features and I was just wondering about leather jackets, about what's the best leather... I think the most common is lambskin...

François

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.