Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#61069 - 02/27/06 04:39 PM Ordered the Mark II DR Photon
Craig Offline

Loc: Collegeville, PA, USA
As a gift to myself for my 45th birthday, I went to the Aeromedix site and ordered one of the new MkII Photons.

Nice site, but not all images have been updated to show the MkII Photons. Some do, but some show the original version. Customers who don't know the difference might be confused.

-- Craig

#61070 - 02/27/06 08:04 PM Re: Ordered the Mark II DR Photon
Ors Offline
Namu (Giant Tree)
Addict

Loc: Florida, USA
IIRC the MkII made mostly aesthetic changes, yes? Although I understand your point. If I was thinking I was getting a black clip and ended up with a silver one, I'd probably be disappointed...that is if I didn't know why the black clips weren't sold anymore.

But when I ordered one of the Ritter combo deals that they offer, I noticed the MkII was pictured. Saved me from having to request the MkII. In my few dealings with Aeromedix, they have provided me with outstanding service. When I ordered the M2, I also ordered another PSP and a Photon. They were still selling MkI, but when requested, they said they would include a MkII instead. Nice people!

#61071 - 03/02/06 02:49 AM Re: Ordered the Mark II DR Photon
Craig Offline

Loc: Collegeville, PA, USA
I got it today. Nice bit of kit.

I have the new DR Photon attached to my beloved Victorinox Midnite MiniChamp II, which is part of my EDC.

I have the original DR Photon attached to my Gerber LST Micro, which is also part of my EDC.

I can tell them apart if I look closely, but otherwise, they appear mighty similar.

-- Craig

#61072 - 03/02/06 04:56 AM Re: Ordered the Mark II DR Photon
KenK Offline
"Be Prepared"
Pooh-Bah

Loc: NE Wisconsin
Huh, for almost a year now my original Ritterlight has riden in my left front pocket sharing a key chain with a Gerber LST Micro, an orange shaved down Fox 40, and spare house & car keys. My mini Rittergrip rides on my right pocket. The yellow coating on the Ritterlight is noticably chipped on the edges, but there seems to be a second coat of slightly darker yellow underneath, and that coating is holding firm. It still looks good.

The Ritterlight came in handy this evening when I had to walk across my backyard - a minefield of winter's not-quite-frozen dog droppings. I try not to use it too much - I want the battery to be strong if an emergency arrises, but it is a great little light.

By the way, I recently bought one of the Arc AAA lights, and it is a wonderful light, but I find the tiny photon form to be much more comfortable in my pocket.

Ken K.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.