Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#54285 - 11/21/05 10:19 PM My (early) New Year's resolution
wildcard163 Offline

Loc: Illinois
Well, once again we've gotten a thread locked up... wow, how did that happen??? I was about to share an observation that came to my attention when I became aware that I wouldn't be able to post it; in the past, I have been as guilty as anyone here of making some snap decisions regarding various posts. Many times, my reply/comment was something that, over time, I was comfortable with having said, but, occasionally, in retrospect, I have wished that I hadn't been quite so quick to argue/judge/denounce/whatever. With this in mind, I have come to the conclusion that the more deeply that anything I might see, read, hear, etc. stirs me, the longer I'll take to fire off a reply. One last thing I don't want to wait to comment on in haste though, is those who ask a question, then, when they get an answer, vehemently tear it apart for social/political/moral/religious/WhaTEveR reasons( Yes, I know... flame-baiting... well... grow up). Might I suggest, that if you're going to ask others' opinion, take it for what it's worth, appreciate the answer, and show some recognition for the fact that EVERYONE is allowed their opinion, regardless of how misguided YOU might think they are. I happen to have very deep feelings regarding the Second Ammendment, firearms, and my right to have, hold, and utilize them, however, in the future, I am going to try (very hard) to preach less, listen more, and maybe, just maybe... learn something.

Chris, if this is out of line, you have my sincerest apology, and just delete it, but I couldn't help one last (I hope... you know how resolutions go) rant.

Troy

#54286 - 11/22/05 01:46 AM Re: Resolved that....!
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
Now that for the last 6 months I've literally been out there Surviving!, (Combo Homelessness *and* Standard Survival, -but I am NOT the "Lay Out on the Sidewalk" type of a one!), -and doing Quite Fine at it! (Enuff Good Food to variously aquire, -Never had pangs of Hunger yet!) (Sleeping Perfectly Toasty and Warm!, -as Winter now comes on.) (Coldest Night yet round here has been in the High Teens, -perfectly warm and Good so far!), -on so Little Money!, -

-I've Resolved how I'm gonna "Power Play the Goal"!, in as much of a "Full Court Press", -as overall Life Traffic will bear.-Survival, Preparedness, and Equipmentwise!, -when I DO once again come into some Money! (however Meagre that may be) (I've got a Job / Living Arrangement lined up with someone, -but a recent Snag and Delay is also involved.) This thus may well be something of a "Slow Burn Power Play", -but if circumstances so dictate, -thats Allright and OK enuff by me! It would still be Working at my Best!, -Toward the Resolution which I now Make!

I was going to make this an original post, -but I think it can Dovetail and Segue into this Resolutions thread well enough.

It's Resolved that, by me, -I'm gonna become Comprehensively Knowledgeable, Practiced, and eventually so Equipped!!! At Survival and Preparedness. "Survivi-Prep", as I call it.

The Survival and Preparedness Bug has Long and Always been Running Strong!, -but just Beneath my Surface! I HAVE the Spirit, Sense, and Knack! But also a lot of Long Running Rust! It's long been something of a Back or Side Burner Interest of mine.

Now I've been caught a little "Rustily Short", -by this particular Ruff Gust of Life! (And I talk of Other's lack of Katrina Preparedness and such!?).

Ain't Nothing like this!, -to finally bring it UP to my Surface! (Though I've been "Preparing for War" for a year or two before, -via my Reading Survival and etc Books in any event, -and Finding and Participating in this truly Fine Site.).

Now if I'd have had this "in the Bag" say, 5 years ago!, -What a Different and Even Better Survival Situation I could be fielding now! Not that it's much bad or anything now, -I've again got the Sense and Knack, -and am doing Quite Allright at it! In this "Poor Man's Survival on the Fly". But Still!,...You get my Drift, Spirit, and Point.

Even on Modest or Meager Monetary Means, -a Comprehensive and Adequate acquisition of Equipment, Stores, and such can "eventually enough" be had. Beats having Small Change to a Few Bucks on say one day out of seven, -as is m,y case now. Books, Videos, and Equipment cost money! Even if the per se cost is often not all that much.

I'm doing quite well on a Shoestring now. But again How Much Better it can be Otherwise!!!! And thus the Spirit, Inspiration, and Determination of my Resolve!

What I *Will* now do, -with a significant enough portion of the Money I do come into. As this Job comes into play.

I'm going to once again, -go back thru all of our Post History here, -towards making such a Comprehensive Familiarization and List.

I'm going to Get and otherwise Read some more Survivi-Prep and other Outdoors Books, Dip into more such Websites and Resources, and Build Up over time, -Kit(s) and Equipment!

Moreover, -I'm going to Get Out and Practice with it!, as well.

I'm Aiming to Continue a Good Deal of Survival Practices, -even once I get this upcoming Job and Living Arrangement. My Planned for Winter Shelter, -for instance, -will still be built, in my spare time. One has Always got to have such things to Fall Back on! Should Worse ever again Come to Worse!

The Field and Body of Knowledge is an Ardent Love anyway! It's also been in the last few years Underscored to me, -as a Vital Neccessity! Or so it certainly Can be!

And so I now Make this Resolution unto myself. (Actually it's been Made a Good Many Months or More Back, -but now the "Emotional Inspiration", -has Kicked In, and Arrived at "my Surface"! I'm gonna Get AHEAD of this Old Curve! And OUT from Behind such 8 Ball !!! As I now Make, and Get, Am, and Remain!, -Fired Up by this Inspiration and PreparednessResolution!!!!!

(And Gladly so!, -I might Add!). [color:"black"] [/color] [email]wildcard163[/email]

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 413 Guests and 59 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.