Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#31689 - 09/09/04 10:04 PM Exploration Products
jamesraykenney Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Beaumont, TX USA
I was thinking about ordering the Adventure Medical Kits: Comprehensive First Aid Kit from Exploration Products...
But...
I was worried about the freshness of the pershables in the kit...
I noticed that they spec.ed the kit with both a hypo and a hyperthermia thermometer, but the Adventure Medical Kits website specs an exectronce thermometer...
Now, I actually think that the old style may be better in this case, but if the kit is not the current kit, that makes me afread that the perishables in the kit may not be entirly freash.

Has anyone dealt with them before?

I tried calling them, but I just got a machine that said to contact them through their web site. This does not encourage me, expecially given that I was going to place a rather LARGE order from them(Large for me at least >$250.00)

#31690 - 09/10/04 12:02 AM Re: Exploration Products
Polak187 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
The real temperature for hypo/hyperthermia should be goten from the core of the body and device for that is about 12 inches long and goes up your anus (ouch).

Thermometer should let you know if the body is under or over 98.6 F or 36.6 C. You have to remember that you are treating a patient not thermometer (instrument). Learn different levels of hypothermia and heat emergencies. Learn their signs and symptoms and go by that. Most of my hypothermic patient gets removed from harsh enviroment, heat packs into arm pits and groin area, blankets and warm fluids (oral or IV (no warmer than 102 F) depending on the situation. Heat emergencies get cooling, colder IV or fluids. I monitor them very closely to prevent rewarming or cooling shock from hapening. Excact temperature is good for the ER; in the field you are better off just applying the standard treatment.

And now on Aventure Medical Kits. Most of the time stuff inside is good for 2 years. When I got mine I took it appart and made a list on what expires when and every few months I replace meds. It is a painful tasks but since I go thru big volume of meds most of the stuff is replaced allready. When you get your kit open it up and put items the way you like them. It saves time in the emergency when you dont have to look for them since you already know their locations. Also FAKs are designed for bare minimum and none of them are perfect. Most likely you will add some items on your own.

#31691 - 09/10/04 12:08 AM Re: Exploration Products
X-ray Dave Offline
Addict

Loc: Nevada
Polak 187, your'e right about getting the patiet too cold or warm. We cooled off several heat causualties once, and when the chopper landed to evacuate them, the rotor wash caused their temps to drop. We ended up having to warm some of them back up.

#31692 - 09/10/04 03:52 PM Re: Exploration Products
jamesraykenney Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Beaumont, TX USA
What I am wondering is: Is it already going to be 2 year old when I get it...
Has anyone done any busness with Exploration Products?

#31693 - 09/10/04 03:54 PM Re: Exploration Products
hthomp Offline
Outdorus Fanaticas
Journeyman

Loc: AR
A few years ago, I ordered some odds and ends from them (nothing perishable), and they were a stand-up organization.

Harley

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.