As you guys know Pelican had a xenon flashlight (7.8 W) that was pretty revolutionary and nicely priced in comparison to SureFire. Not only bulb was getting about 120+ hrs of burn time but it was also much brighter. It was well made and came with a solid holster. Yet a lot of people are not convinced that the power of the light justifies the battery cost since after all 1 hr burn time for set of batteries can get quite expensive. I think to answer that Pelican made M6 LED version. Again it’s the same basic idea that Xenon version but with few improvements. Tail switch is on and off click and half way press will give you momentary on. Burn time per 2 cr123 is about 6 hours and 1 Watt single LED produces nice and strong spotlight. Again flashlight is solid, durable and comes with nicely fitted holster. I think there is also a pressure switch available for gun use. Flashlight is available in black and silver. If you own previous version of M6 and even if you get the same color you won’t mix them up since tail switch is of red color on the LED version. You have to remember that life of the LED was also shorten I guess due to current overload to make it brighter. Still you get something close to 20 years of use at 4 hours a day.

Some people are trying to play around with tail switch to make it more sensitive. I also saw a company that produces a new glass for the flashlight that gains you about 8% in the light output.

In conclusion this is a great light. I would not recommend anything to you guys that I haven’t abused and put thru the test my self. I would assume that light output is comparable to Inova X5 but since M6 beam is more condensed it gets thrown up further while X5 is more of the flood/scene light. Still with about $50 price tag is a much better and cheaper alternative to similar light from Surefire.

Have fun.

Matt