While I am likely preaching to the choir, I thought I would once again stand on my soapbox. We received more rain (5+ inches) Monday night into Tuesday morning from a passing weather front than during the hurricane. We had numerous swifthwater rescues, mainly for people attempting to drive their cars through flooded roadways, despite warnings from public officials and the media not to do so. Several incidents were serious life threatening situations. People still underestimate the power of moving water, as little as two feet of water is sufficient to move a vehicle down stream. We had people trying to drive through 3 and 4 feet of water, who thought because they had a truck or SVU they would be okay. None of these individuals had a PFD on or in their vehicles. However, in saying that a PFD is a vital part of protective equipment, it still might not be sufficient enough to prevent injury and drowning. A PFD not worn, but sitting in the boat/car does not help you if you capsize and/or are injured preventing you from its immediate benefit. A PFD not sized correctly (too large) can cause the PFD to rise around the wearer’s neck, resulting in strangulation instead of drowning. Even a correctly sized and worn PFD will not prevent someone from drowning if they become entrapped under a strainer, such as a tree, rock, car or other debris. So, if you are placed in a flooding situation, please STOP, THINK and PLAN before making a hasty decision. Pete