Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#8382 - 08/18/02 12:27 AM Keychain containers
Comanche7 Offline
Addict

Loc: Florida
Hello all,<br><br>While cruising around on the extremely interesting (to me at least) <br><br>www.candlepowerforums.com <br><br>website, I came across a link <br><br>http://az123.com/darksbane/arcacc.htm <br><br> that referenced containers for batteries. <br><br>After looking over the offerings, I believe that some of us may be interested in a closer look at these . . . they are metal, come with a keyring, have a threaded fitting (with an o-ring) for the top, and according to the general info on the site are "water-proof", they appear to be at minimum very water resistant, however, my personal guess is that they are very likely to be water "proof / resistant" to down to at least ten feet. <br><br>These seem to be well made, and are probably manufactured on a small scale basis. They are available in several finishes, brass rough & polished, gold & silver plated, with big & small keyrings, various chains.<br><br>This was the subject of a previous thread, which also had some nice links referenced by various "forumites". I believe that these containers (originally designed for the storage of spare AAA batteries) are somewhat bigger than the what other thread reviewed. The site indicates that the price ranges from about $5 to $25 US and that they hande custom orders as well.<br><br>If one were considering carrying medications / water purification tablets etc., the brass may present potential corrosion issues, however, for the multitude of other things that need to be kept dark / safe / dry, these look pretty good. I'm considering them for holding laminated emergency contact information etc. which could be rolled up very nicely with room to spare for paper currency, matches and other neat stuff. <br><br>Enjoy,<br>Comanche7 <br><br>PUBLIC DISCLAIMER>> I have no ve$ted and/or financial intere$t with either of the webwsites described below, just came across interesting information to share. I will likely order some of the items described, but that's it. It just seemed that the information was appropriate on this forum as reference material. (Who knows . . . this might even spin off a new thread . . . "Mini Tubular Fishing / Survival Kits" or some such moniker). Have fun. > Grin < ;>)

#8383 - 09/05/02 12:13 AM Re: Keychain containers
Anonymous
Unregistered

[censored] straight they're interesting. Check these out.<br>http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/tools/trekker.html

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 215 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 03:13 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by Ren
Yesterday at 06:35 PM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/13/24 10:09 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
04/04/24 04:19 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.