OK this is it, my final Japanese Picnic Box Post <br><br>As many of you know, several Forum members have wanted to get our hands on these lunch boxes for medium to large PSK building. The boxes are desirable for their strength, volume and utility as a cook pot. See Picnic Boxes<br><br>Trusbx has been successful in finding Stainless Steel Picnic Boxes in Singapore. Note: they are NOT the Seagull Brand Boxes discussed in this thread Do You Want One, but probably similar to the ones discussed here Adventure Tools Boxes. Note: this box is longer and narrower than the Adventure Tools Large Box.<br><br>Trusbx has recently found and evaluated the available boxes and states:<br><br>“I've been hounding the distributor and it turns out that he will not be bringing in the 16cm seagull stainless steel lunch box because of poor sales.<br>However, I have located another stainless steel lunch box which is virtually similar and looks very much the seagull brand ones but have no divider or dessert cup. It is a 14.8cm x 11.1cm X 4.8cm stainless steel lunch box with locking clips as well. Actually it looks like the one used in the adventure tools survival kit.<br>The clips lock on tight and the box is sturdy stainless steel.<br>So let me know if you guys still want it. The lunch box is about S$15 ($8.50).<br>The Trangia mess tins are available of course.<br><br>and later:<br><br>Now that I have the two to compare, the Trangia is larger and lighter and full aluminium with a detatchable handle. You would however have to seal it with tape to make it waterproof.<br>The 15cm stainless steel lunch box is slightly smaller and heavier and has no handle (not really a problem anyway if you carry a multitool). It locks pretty tight but has no gasket to make it water proof. You could crazy glue your own rubber edge to the cover to make your own seal I suppose, but its probably better to put all the kit contents in a ziplock bag before stuffing it into the lunch box. You can always use the lid as a frying pan too if there was no rubber seal.<br>Now that I have it, I prefer the more compact lunch box although it is heavier and smaller.<br>Just my 2 cents worth”<br><br>So, this is the last call to anyone who would like to order a Picnic Box OR a Trangia Box. I have arranged with Trusbx to import to the US several of these boxes to distribute to Forum requestors. I will tally up the responders, get some cash to Trusbx and then distribute the boxes once they have arrived in the US.<br><br>Price is going to be based on Trusbx’s cost for the boxes, his shipping costs, any duty and mailing costs to you. <br><br>Assume:<br>Picnic Box will cost US $12-16 ($8.50 + ~$5.00-8.00 shipping etc.)<br>Trangia Mess Tin will cost about the same.<br><br>Send me a Private Message by Monday August 26th 2002 if you are interested in getting boxes.<br><br>Randy<br>