Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#6302 - 05/18/02 05:51 PM My Jungle Survival Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is what I normally pack along when Im out there, either teaching survival skills, leading expeditions or tracking down rogue wild elephants for relocation in Malaysia.<br>1. Masking tape or ducktape as some people call it - handy to fix broken rucsacs, secure shelters, support bandages, emergency trail making, tying sound traps made of bamboo<br>2. Machete - handmade<br>3. Wrist watch as a compass>Boy scouts knowledge!!!!!><br>4. Insect repellent - main use besides as a potential firestarter, sound explosive and handheld flame thrower in case I have to use it!<br>5. Cooking oil - main use besides as a potential firestarter and strong herbal liniment against stings, bites, sprains, swellings and bruises when mixed with ginger roots<There are 47 types of wild ginger in the jungles><br>6. A good sense of humour while preparing for the worst!<br>As for ropes...I get them from creepers, vines, certain ferns and rattans. Shelters from palm leaves and fronds. Water bottle, handheld weapons and traps from bamboo.<br>As for sleeping, I always sleep on steep terrain as it'd be extremely difficult for predators to creep on me without making noise and probability of sounding the alarm via the bamboo sound traps! Works for me even while in the special forces days!<br>If you have to sleep on flat terrain, look for open areas and also where there're are armies of fierce red ants marching on fixed routes - sleep in between and no snakes, scorpions or centipedes will reach you!:o)

#6303 - 05/19/02 03:54 PM Re: My Jungle Survival Kit
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

how does that ginger roots with cooking oil work ? do you crush it and mix it with the oil or something ? and do the roots need to be fresh or can you use ginseng from ginseng-teabags to ( dryed ) ?

#6304 - 05/20/02 12:50 AM Re: My Jungle Survival Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes...crush ginger and mix it with cooking oil. The ginger must be fresh.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 449 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.