Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#5611 - 04/19/02 08:29 AM Molle II Canteen/Utility Pocket
peanut Offline
Journeyman

I do a bit of dabbling on Ebay, now including a few Molle items. These are the new military load carrying system. Anyway, the other day I just received a couple of the new Canteen/Utility pockets. They got me thinking. The pocket has a pouch on each side large enough to hold an Esbit and certainly an Altoids tin. I may have to keep one. With the issue canteen with cup and stove base in the main section, and an Altoids PSK and similar FAK, it might be great just to strap on the belt to carry essentials on side/day hikes. Any ideas?<br><br>Peanut

#5612 - 04/19/02 04:16 PM Re: Molle II Canteen/Utility Pocket
Anonymous
Unregistered

Peanut --<br><br> Any idea where we could see a picture of this on-line? Do they still retain the external pocket for water purification tabs?<br><br> Sounds useful for those of us who like the military canteen/cup/stove and belt for dayhike purposes. With a couple of nylon "compass pouches" for first aid, etc, a knife, and one of those surplus Danish rolled poncho carriers from Brigade QM, you'd be well set for day hikes. <br><br> Wouldn't take much to squeeze in a couple trash bags and/or a cocoon emergency sleeping bag for unexpected overnights.

#5613 - 04/19/02 11:10 PM Re: Molle II Canteen/Utility Pocket
peanut Offline
Journeyman

Dear kbauknight, <br><br>To handle your request, I had three problems:<br>1) I'm not here to promote my Ebay stuff<br>2) The manufacturer's picture is not the best, and<br>3) The manufacturer's picture is what I use on my auction (no digital camera)<br><br>So I figured the best way to handle your request is to give you these two links:<br><br>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1089559450<br>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1088929387<br>These are ended auctions, neither of which is mine, but they do have good pictures. The first set shows the pocket with cover flap folded in for use with a canteen, the second with the flap used as an accessory pouch. As you can see, the side pockets are quite generous, I've personally tried Altoisds tins and Esbit stoves. Although not shown, the Molle attachment system will work well on any belt.<br><br>I hope this helps. Maybe in return, someone can tell me how to upload pictures to the forum, saving us some of the trouble of linking stuff.<br><br>Peanut

#5614 - 04/22/02 01:50 AM Re: Molle II Canteen/Utility Pocket
Anonymous
Unregistered

For a good look at and description of the MOLLE system you can visit http://www.specialtydefense.com/. Although I was not issued the pouch I have heard that it works well, although buying it directly from the military manufacturer might be expensive

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 429 Guests and 467 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.