Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#1732 - 09/19/01 03:30 AM preparation and results
jet Offline
Enthusiast

Elsewhere, I posted a link to one man's account of trek through Nepal with a group. He had an attitude of preparedness and it showed in his selection of gear. On the same site as his account is the account of another member of his same group. She had a more laid back attitude that others would provide gear for her. Not to put her down for that, since she was TOLD that by the trek organizers that all she needed would be provided for her. But then, so was he, and he chose to take his own gear, anyway. Reading the articles was quite the eye opener for me. It showed me how important it is to take responsibility for my own preparations, myself. He writes quite a bit about the scenery and the wonderful experience. She writes more of the obstacles and problems encountered and how hard they were to muddle through. That says a lot to me. For anyone interested in reading these accounts, they are by Roger and Elizabeth, linked to from the bottom of the web page at http://website.lineone.net/~gr.gilbertson/travel/travel.htm<br><br>Stay safe,<br>J.T.

#1733 - 09/19/01 03:17 PM Re: preparation and results
Anonymous
Unregistered

I enjoyed the completely different responses from the same trip. I think some of it is personal outlook on life and some of it is preparedness. <br><br>One complained continously about the lack of loo facilities. The other pointed out how well the trek organizers cared for him. Is the glass half empty or half full? The one who enjoyed the trip put down the problems to small failings of his own preparation while the other complained about how a wildress trek through a foreign country differed from her daily routine.<br><br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Phaedrus), 239 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.