Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#5 - 01/29/01 06:48 AM Availability of new products from 2001 Shot Show?
Anonymous
Unregistered

First of all a big thanks to Doug Ritter for this forum and for the great 2001 Shot Show product review.<br><br>Seeing all the great new products makes me wonder when they will be available. I am particularly interested in the new Leatherman Juice and the new Photon III. Any information on the estimated release date of these products would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>Also, what do people make of the Juice and the different colors? Personally, I think Leatherman should go along the lines of Gerber and allow consumers to "build their own" Juice tool with the color handle and implements they desire. No one tool seems to fit my needs perfectly unless the XE6 proves to be light enough for pocket carry. I really hope that the new Juice tools are at least noticeably lighter than the PST and Wave tools because otherwise while they may small enough pocket carry, they may be too heavy to carry comfortably inside a pants pocket. This was the main drawback of the original Leatherman lines I think, all of them were too heavy not to be carried in a sheath. Also, I really wish that black or the original "silver" finish was offered on at least one tool so consumers could opt out the bright colors if they so desired. Not every multi-tool carrier wants a red, orange, yellow, blue or purple tool. <br><br>BTW, any chance you were able to ascertain the (approximate) weight of any of the new Juice tools while at the Shot Show Doug?<br><br>Many thanks,<br><br>Bucky<br><br>

#6 - 01/29/01 03:11 PM Re: Availability of new products from 2001 Shot Show?
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Bucky,<br><br>I no longer publish expected production dates for new products unless they show actual production items. Nobody ever meets their announced production dates. <br><br>New Leatherman products typically show up in stores early Summer, but given this is so radical, I'd expect easily could be Fall.<br><br>No argument about the colors, but I don't expect anything like the Gerber program anytime in the near future. As for weights, they didn't offer any such info. based on handling them, I'd say they were on par with similar sized SAKs. Not light, but not as heavy as current tools. <br><br><br>Doug Ritter<br>Editor<br>Equipped To Survive
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#7 - 01/30/01 12:17 AM Re: Availability of new products from 2001 Shot Show?
Anonymous
Unregistered

FWIW, I contacted Leatherman via email and they responded that the Juice line would not hit the shelves until Fall 2001 and at present, there is no plan to use a "build your own" program. <br><br>Bucky<br><br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.