Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#247145 - 06/17/12 03:19 AM Exploring With GPS: A Practical Field Guide.
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
For those of you who have a Kindle or other devices running the Kindle app, the Kindle version of Exploring With GPS: A Practical Field Guide for Satellite Navigation is currently free at Amazon.com.

Keep in mind that the "free" books are usually only available for a short duration so you need to carefully check the price first to see if it is still free.

All standard disclaimers apply...

John Lubbock

#247152 - 06/17/12 06:45 AM Re: Exploring With GPS: A Practical Field Guide. [Re: Teslinhiker]
Glock-A-Roo Offline
Old Hand

Downloaded. Thanks!

I think you're missing a disclaimer or three... I kid, I kid! smile

#247162 - 06/17/12 04:31 PM Re: Exploring With GPS: A Practical Field Guide. [Re: Glock-A-Roo]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

@Glock-A-Roo. Thanks, I edited the post. I guess I was a bit gun shy when I made the initial post here last night as on another forum that I follow, last week, I posted a free link to Gas Turbine Engineering which is a subject of much interest to me. Little did I know when I returned to the forum a few days later, there was a firestorm of posts of which some were scathing on why the book was not reviewed first as a couple of the forum's resident "arm chair experts" took issue with one pages content (out of 600 + pages) of said book. The whole post and thread ended up being deleted.

Needless to say I won't be posting any more links on that forum...

John Lubbock

#247163 - 06/17/12 04:45 PM Re: Exploring With GPS: A Practical Field Guide. [Re: Teslinhiker]
ILBob Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Northern IL
Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
@Glock-A-Roo. Thanks, I edited the post. I guess I was a bit gun shy when I made the initial post here last night as on another forum that I follow, last week, I posted a free link to Gas Turbine Engineering which is a subject of much interest to me. Little did I know when I returned to the forum a few days later, there was a firestorm of posts of which some were scathing on why the book was not reviewed first as a couple of the forum's resident "arm chair experts" took issue with one pages content (out of 600 + pages) of said book. The whole post and thread ended up being deleted.

Needless to say I won't be posting any more links on that forum...

I think that might interest myself and some others I know. Is it still free? Can you share the link?

Bob

#247183 - 06/18/12 01:13 AM Re: Exploring With GPS: A Practical Field Guide. [Re: Teslinhiker]
Quietly_Learning Offline

Downloaded, thank you

#247189 - 06/18/12 03:21 AM Re: Exploring With GPS: A Practical Field Guide. [Re: ILBob]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ILBob

I think that might interest myself and some others I know. Is it still free? Can you share the link?

The link to the book is now dead.

For those of you interested, eReaderIQ.com is where I find all my free Kindle books. They hook into the Amazon.com Product Advertising API and update their website daily.

On the eReaderIQ website, click on the "Free Kindle Books" link then you be able to filter by date, genre, fiction/nonfiction, reviews etc. Be warned, it can very addicting. Between my SO and I, we are up to about 1500 books so far which is more then we will ever read in our lifetime...

Standard disclaimers apply.

Edit: Forgot to mention. On the eReaderIQ page, if you hover over the book cover image, it will show a summary of the book's subject, storyline and plot where applicable.

John Lubbock

#247214 - 06/19/12 01:11 AM Re: Exploring With GPS: A Practical Field Guide. [Re: Teslinhiker]
Quietly_Learning Offline

laugh THANK YOU FOR THE LINK!!! laugh

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 388 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.