Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#236667 - 12/01/11 04:14 PM Raw TV seeking pioneers
Raw__TV Offline
Stranger

I work for a TV production company, Raw TV – we are the makers of the hit Discovery show Gold Rush that follows a group of men from Portland as they risk it all to mine for gold. www.rawtelevision.co.uk

We are currently searching for individuals to take part in our next project. We are looking people who plan to abandon the life they know and lead a group to create a new community in the great American wilderness.

Do you embody the spirit of the American pioneer? Are you determined to leave behind the modern world and forge a new life, built with the frontier grit of your forefathers? Are you passionate about your beliefs and want to share them not only with those who come with you, but also with a television audience?

If the above describes you, or someone you know, I would love to talk to you.
Please email your contact details and a brief description of your plans – whether imminent or long-term - to casting@rawtelevision.co.uk

Thanks, Poppy

(PS I realise we may have posted on this site in the site. Please forgive me if you think we’re clogging it up – I promise this is a new request, with a slightly different goal in mind!)

#236684 - 12/01/11 09:22 PM Re: Raw TV seeking pioneers [Re: Raw__TV]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I remember when Discovery used to have educational content instead of reality entertainment, which category will this show fall under?

#236692 - 12/02/11 01:49 AM Re: Raw TV seeking pioneers [Re: Eugene]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
I seriously doubt it have any relationship to reality. I am old enough to remember when the Discovery Channel used to have worthwhile programs.

Edited by hikermor (12/02/11 01:50 AM)

#236693 - 12/02/11 02:39 AM Re: Raw TV seeking pioneers [Re: Raw__TV]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
We watched every episode of gold rush - not a good sellling point in my books, except in terms of how much harder such things are than they may seem to be in reality than in theory.

I think I saw season one of this Pioneer series. Quite an eye opener as to how difficult it would be to rebuild, or forge a new life from scratch. They weren't trying to get rich easy, but try to start a new life in "the new frontier". I enjoyed it because it made me think.

If I didn't have a family who has no interest, I'd volunteer, IF I had more knowledge.

Kudos and good luck to all involved!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#236695 - 12/02/11 03:01 AM Re: Raw TV seeking pioneers [Re: bacpacjac]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac

I think I saw season one of this Pioneer series. Quite an eye opener as to how difficult it would be to rebuild, or forge a new life from scratch. They weren't trying to get rich easy, but try to start a new life in "the new frontier". I enjoyed it because it made me think.

If I didn't have a family who has no interest, I'd volunteer, IF I had more knowledge.

Bacpac: Are you referring to the Pioneer Quest series from some years ago about the 2 couples who did a year long pioneer living stint in Manitoba?

As for volunteering for these types of shows, my friend and his wife applied for spot on a similar type show about 6-7 years ago but they were turned down as the production company was only accepting people from the USA due to various legal reasons...

John Lubbock

#236698 - 12/02/11 03:42 AM Re: Raw TV seeking pioneers [Re: Raw__TV]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I'm not sure, Teslinhiker. I didn't wztch it enough to know. I'd guess that it was between 1-4 years ago. There were 3-5 families, trying to learn to homestead - farming, animal hubantry, preserving food, blacksmithing, etc. Interesting, but real life didn't let me watch often enough.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#236706 - 12/02/11 04:55 AM Re: Raw TV seeking pioneers [Re: Raw__TV]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC

I couldn't forge a new life in the wilderness from scratch, unless I had wi-fi.

#237375 - 12/14/11 05:38 PM Re: Raw TV seeking pioneers [Re: hikermor]
Raw__TV Offline
Stranger

This show as we plan it is reality. We want to focus on how a self-reliant community can take shape. We are not going to manufacture relationships, conflicts, and we don't plan on staging anything either. We want to show the prepper movement through the story of a group of people attempting to build their own self-sufficient community away from modern society.

If you have any questions, email me at Adam.Loeb@rawtelevision.co.uk

#237387 - 12/14/11 10:52 PM Re: Raw TV seeking pioneers [Re: Raw__TV]
Glock-A-Roo Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: Raw__TV
This show as we plan it is reality... We are not going to manufacture relationships, conflicts, and we don't plan on staging anything either.

Awesome, sounds like the ultra-realistic approach taken with this blockbuster media effort as well! Tell it like it is dude!

#237389 - 12/14/11 11:33 PM Re: Raw TV seeking pioneers [Re: Raw__TV]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
I can't take time off from work, kids or marriage for this, but I do wish you well. Be sure to let us know when it airs!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 464 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.