Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#235148 - 11/05/11 07:12 PM The "New" ETS is Up
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Southern California
The "new, improved" ETS is up. Looks pretty darned good. Congrats to HTMLSpinnr (and anyone else who pitched in). I noticed a little outage around 1015 PDT, but everything seems normal now. Having worked in the IT world, I know platform migrations are are seldom "transparent".

HJ

#235150 - 11/05/11 07:31 PM Re: The "New" ETS is Up [Re: Hikin_Jim]
Leigh_Ratcliffe Offline
Veteran

Loc: United Kingdom.
Re fundraiser: Might one suggest that you set up a PayPal account? I'm quite happy to make ad hoc donations but, and I am sure that I am not the only one, I operate a blanket policy of not doing direct payments, and with the best will in the world, once people start making electronic donations some S.O.B thieving P.O.S. is going to hack your security.

#235151 - 11/05/11 08:06 PM Re: The "New" ETS is Up [Re: Leigh_Ratcliffe]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

For anyone under 18 out there, SOB means "suspected of burglary" and POS means "person of suspicion." Us adults have a lot of codes, don't we?

This family friendly reminder brought to you by Deputy HJ. smile

HJ

#235153 - 11/05/11 08:44 PM Re: The "New" ETS is Up [Re: Hikin_Jim]
jzmtl Offline
Addict

Loc: Montreal Canada
Hey, Jim turned green!

#235154 - 11/05/11 09:44 PM Re: The "New" ETS is Up [Re: Hikin_Jim]
HTMLSpinnr
Unregistered

Thanks.

All we did is migrate data to a different host (Rackspace) because the existing solution is several years old and will be shutdown at the middle of the month. That, and a degraded disk array was chewing performance (and making Doug awfully nervous about losing his data). It was time to move.

Doug's main sites are a bit more challenging because they came from a Windows host which didn't care about case sensitivity to the same Linux box which DOES care. Doug will have his work cut out for him cleaning some of the broken links and images up.

We're still working on the back-end for other sites and doing some fine tuning of web server configs, so you may see things go up and down for another day or two.

Edited by HTMLSpinnr (11/06/11 12:07 AM)

#235156 - 11/05/11 11:55 PM Re: The "New" ETS is Up [Re: Leigh_Ratcliffe]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Originally Posted By: Leigh_Ratcliffe
Re fundraiser: Might one suggest that you set up a PayPal account? I'm quite happy to make ad hoc donations but, and I am sure that I am not the only one, I operate a blanket policy of not doing direct payments, and with the best will in the world, once people start making electronic donations some S.O.B thieving P.O.S. is going to hack your security.

Link to donate to ETS.
-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#235157 - 11/06/11 01:10 AM Re: The "New" ETS is Up [Re: Hikin_Jim]
Arney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: California
Oooo, it's faster. I like it! Thanks! smile

#235159 - 11/06/11 02:02 AM Re: The "New" ETS is Up [Re: jzmtl]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: jzmtl
Hey, Jim turned green!
Yup. They done deputized me.

HJ

#235163 - 11/06/11 03:59 AM Re: The "New" ETS is Up [Re: Leigh_Ratcliffe]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Leigh_Ratcliffe

Thanks. We will look at various options down the road. Right now we are focused on getting everything we can working. This forum and Knife Rights were critical, the rest somewhat less so and it's not like none of us doesn't have a day job or two or three. <~>

Rick has done a great job in helping make this go as smooth as possible and I really appreciate his help. The only for sure loss with the the PLB FAQ which was Windwoes based and I don't have time to redo. <shrug> Maybe someday.

WRT PayPal, we have had significant difficulty getting those $%&@&s to approve ETS Foundation. They won't accept the proof we have that we are a 501(c)(3) and we can't provide them the proof they insist upon because it cannot exist. Catch 22 or as it's becoming known everywhere, "Catch PayPal." PayPal is absolutely the worst (and that's as nice as I can put it) and could not give a damn about customer service. as near as I can tell, it isn't even in its vocabulary.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#235190 - 11/07/11 01:48 AM Re: The "New" ETS is Up [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Aussie Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter

The only for sure loss with the the PLB FAQ which was Windwoes based and I don't have time to redo. <shrug> Maybe someday.

I have some of the FAQs on my PC. Let me know if you would like them back ?

... and well done to all the people who made the upgrade, and ongoing support possible.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 426 Guests and 33 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.