Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#176012 - 07/11/09 01:02 PM Explanation of Switchblade Amendment
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Many have asked how this Amendment 1447 would solve the Customs switchblade issue. We've got your answer here: http://bit.ly/Mwd5E

We still have one more significant hurdle to overcome, Conference Committee. We're working very hard hand in hand with the other advocacy organizations involved and our friends in the House to try to ensure it makes it through. Expect more on that next week.

Edited by Doug_Ritter (07/11/09 01:05 PM)
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#176324 - 07/14/09 02:03 AM Re: Explanation of Switchblade Amendment [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Todd W Offline
Product Tester
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mountains of CA
Thanks!

#177093 - 07/21/09 03:37 PM Re: Explanation of Switchblade Amendment [Re: Todd W]
GoatMan Offline

Here is the reply from my local Senator in Colorado:
===================================
Dear <Name>:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the U.S. Customs and Border Protection policy on switchblade knives. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, U.S. Customs and Border Protection recently announced that it intends to alter a portion of the Switchblade Knife Act of 1958 to forbid certain types of knives with spring-assisted opening mechanisms. The policy was announced in early May and was followed by a period of discussion for 30 days, ending July 21, 2009.

I share your concern over the impact of this policy on the knife industry and knife owners in Colorado. Though the policy would forbid certain types of knives with spring-assisted opening mechanisms on a Federal level, Colorado Criminal Code currently prohibits these knives. Specifically, in Sections 18-12-101 and 18-12-102 of the Colorado Criminal Code, switchblades are deemed illegal and defined as any knife, the blade of which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in its handle.

Should this issue be discussed in the Senate, I will keep your views in mind.

I value the input of fellow Coloradans in considering the wide variety of important issues and legislative initiatives that come before the Senate. I hope you will continue to inform me of your thoughts and concerns.

For more information about my priorities as a U.S. Senator, I invite you to visit my website at http://bennet.senate.gov/. Again, thank you for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Michael Bennet
United States Senator
===============================================

How would you best clarify this for Senator Bennet?

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.