I know I read about "Base Gear" on these forums but I don't recall who recommended them, whoever you are, thanks.

I just put a smallish order together and was very pleased with their prices only to discover that they also offer free shipping on order of $50.01 and more. Given the cost of transportation these days, that's a great deal.

They're also offering a 20% discount on anything with a price ending in .00 as opposed to .99 or .95. Another potentially good deal.

I suppose I'll have to wait to get the order but I'm liking em so far.

Another mail order company I use and can highly recommend, McMaster-Carr. They don't always have the lowest prices but their customer service is outstanding. I ordered some work related first aid supplies from them yesterday afternoon, they arrived about 30 minutes ago at my door.

Can't beat that. I would have spent more in gas going out to buy the stuff and would have paid higher prices to boot.

John E

P.S. For those looking to either supplement or build an FAK from scratch, McMaster has individually packaged and small boxes of first aid supplies that are very reasonably priced. I just got a box of 100 antiseptic wipes for less than 3 bucks. REI sells them for 1.25 for 10 in comparison.

Edited by JohnE (07/29/08 11:54 PM)

"and all the lousy little poets
comin round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson"

The Future/Leonard Cohen