Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#58321 - 01/16/06 07:14 AM Document Storage
7k7k99 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
There was a post some months back about a person who had seen some sort of document storage kit for all valuable records and financial papers -- QVC sold it and now I notice they have it back. I am not affiliated with QVC but this looks like a good idea for organizing your valuable records in one place if you need to grab them in a hurry.

you can search on the below item number at qvc.com

Item Number F8500
Suze Orman's Organize and Protect Financial System

perhaps a good idea for those who don't have their info stored on a usb device

#58322 - 01/16/06 08:09 AM Re: Document Storage
Paul810 Offline
Veteran

Loc: NJ, USA
That helps with organization, but it doesn't help with protection. There are two common ways documents are damaged. Fire damage and water damage. Usually if there is a fire than water damage also occurs. Many theives also target documents now for financial or personal information. For my home documents I bought a few of these.

http://www.sentrysafe.com/Series.asp?r=25

I bolted them to the floor of my office closet (making sure to use a high temp sealant on the bolts) and put a steel door with a good lock on the closet's entrance. Combined with a good alarm system I feel my documents are well protected against destruction or disappearance. Besides that I have copies at a different location as a backup. I keep some stuff digital, but I like keeping paper copies.

#58323 - 01/18/06 02:16 AM Re: Document Storage
readyone Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Florida
I am the one that originally posted under "Waterproof Document Case", looking for Suze Orman's Document Storage. I actually finally found it after contacting the Orman organization. They directed me to www.hayhouse.com. Under search type "Ultimate Protection Portfolio". I ordered the kit and got a blue suitcase style document case that is suppose to be waterproof. I have not tried the waterproof feature because after I filled it with all of the documents that were listed on the file folders in the case, I could not get the case closed, and that is how it still sits today, with me trying to figure out what to do with All my "must keep with me all the time" documents. I suppose if I can whittle the documents down and get it closed it will make a great grab and go case. Did I mention it was also fairly heavy now. It also has the neatest little blue light on the front that I have no idea what it is suppose to do but it sure is pretty in the dark.

Seriously, if you are looking for a fairly heavy duty case to tote your important documents I would recommend it. It must be stated that I have no dealings or interest in this product or company other than using it for my personal use.

ONE DAY CLOSER

#58324 - 01/18/06 03:22 AM Re: Document Storage
7k7k99 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
that blue flashing light is so you can find it in the dark and 'bug out'

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Eugene), 241 Guests and 95 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Today at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.