Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#55229 - 12/05/05 12:17 AM Swiss Seats: How to tie one
samhain Offline
Addict

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Merry Meet all,

I have need of your collective wisdom.

I have googled myself silly trying to find a site with instructions on how to tie a swiss seat. I vaguely remember how it generally goes from when I completed a team building "ropes course" almost 20 years ago.

I'm painting by house and want a safety line to keep me from sliding down my steep roof, and since I'm not planning on doing this again any time soon, don't want to buy a safety harness.

Any direction appreciated (I accept all responsibility if I fall off my roof).

#55230 - 12/05/05 12:58 AM Re: Swiss Seats: How to tie one
hthomp Offline
Outdorus Fanaticas
Journeyman

Loc: AR
Swiss Seat: Take length of 1" webbing (rope *can* work in a pinch...but quite uncomfortable)....several feet (at least 15 or so...you'd be surprised)...dependent upon your size. Tie around waist and secure with sqare knot in front....leaving equal length "tails" in front...which you will take down between your legs and bring up along the crease of your buttocks..... Bring tails up...between your clothing and the webbing around your waist and thread it around twice....take the remainder and and wrap around waist a time or two and tie off with a square knot.

Israeli seat is more comfy.......take length of webbing and fold it in the middle......hold the u shaped webbing that you just created between your legs...with about a 6 to 8 inch portion with the u sticking out in front of your privates......the tails will be behind you.......wrap each of those tails from back to front AROUND the top of your thighs....and thread them through the loop at your crotch.....bring each tail up and wrap them around your waist from front to back on their respecitve sides.....wrapping excess around your waist and securing with a square knot.

Hopefully, you can make heads or tails out of this. LOL.

*** EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION! ***

Harley

#55231 - 12/05/05 01:48 AM Re: Swiss Seats: How to tie one
samhain Offline
Addict

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Thanks Harley,
That does help.
After posting my plea, I did blunder across some fuzzy drawings of a swiss seat. Your text helped clarify some of the "fuzzies".

I will be careful.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 449 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.