I've Recently Read about a Place in the South American Andes, where the Water Surface Freezes around the Wading Flamingos Legs, and they are Thereby Immobilized until the Next Morning's Thaw!

The Andes do of course have their Areas of Very High Altitude Plateaus and Flatlands, with Many and Large Salt Lakes and Pans. The Well Known Altiplano! This is How there can be, and Are, -Flamingos in the Andes!

What a Way of Being Able to Get Yourself some Birds to Eat!

It probably Neatly Coincides with their Natural Sleeping Period. Which is something of a Further Boon, towards your Getting some to Survive on.

This Raises the Possibility that there may be Other Areas of the World / Species, where Similar Such Happens too!

I've also seen a Wildlife type TV Show, which shows some African Flamingos, from some of their Saltier Lakes as they have over there,- Develop Growing Salt Encrustations on One or Both of their Legs. These Birds are Probably the Ones that Stand Around in One Spot more than the Others. The Poor Birds are Really Carrying Around a Ball and Chain. Including, when with Young Proceed from Lake to Lake on *Walking Land* Migrations. (The Young get such Salt Encrustations too) Many of the Salt Encrustees Cannot Keep Up, or Otherwise Give Out.

I Really Feel Sorry for such Birds, but from a Personal Survival Standpoint, -This too, can be a Good and Ready Source, for Getting some Flamingos to Eat!

You can then Humanely Get some Salt of of some of the Other's Legs, which you Catch but are Over and Above your Food Requirements, if you can Spare the Time.

This is Another Great, Potential, Entrapped, or yes, unfortunately Hobbled, Food Source.

It can also Provide a perhaps Needed Salt Source. (The African Ones) Salt Not Only for your Own Bodily Needs, but also for things such as Preserving Meat and Fish as well! Perhaps some from those Flamingos you Caught.

It, along with the earlier mentioned Andean Ice Trapped Flamingos, is yet Another Great, if Not that Commonly Known or Thot of, Means by Which Nature Provides. -Provides for the Survivor!

Be on the Lookout for Animals Entrapped by This or Other Means! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

Edited by ScottRezaLogan (03/22/04 07:16 PM)