The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#24623 - 02/15/04 08:45 PM Personal everyday stowage
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
I got tired of loading my pants pockets with all my goodies a long time ago. So now I wear a messenger bag full of stuff, and it works well. No one refers to it as a purse (of course, that may be because I am 6'6" tall and weigh 270 lbs). I got mine at:

http://www.everestbag.com

They are inexpensive, well built and suit my needs perfectly. I can't imagine going anywhere without it. It is a great place to keep my wallet, my ID badge for work, my meds, my PSK gear, a cell phone, a PDA, and even some of my common work tools. It is quite secure and fairly weatherproof, although not entirely waterproof. It is best worn slung across the body (like a bandolier) rather than just over one shoulder, which keeps it fairly secure, and I do not find it encumbering in the least as it wears in a natural manner. I have a couple others that are equipped for different needs. One is for my muzzleloading setup, the other for my elk hunting setup. I am going to get another for my fishing gear setup. At $12 to $16 a piece, it is too easy to just get one for each particular situation.

#24624 - 02/16/04 03:49 PM Re: Personal everyday stowage
gear_freak Offline
Enthusiast

Which Everset model did you get?

#24625 - 02/16/04 09:04 PM Re: Personal everyday stowage
Anonymous
Unregistered

In subway-commuting mode, I carried (will carry?) an older-model Land's End "Vertical Briefcase". This looks like a million other commuter shoulder-bags, works much like a bike messanger bag, but it has a zippered panel with padded shoulder straps behind it, if you want to convert it to a rucksack for going distances.

I've never had to use that capability (thankfully, I never had to walk home- that would have had implications about what was going on in the city), but it was sort of nice to know it was there.

#24626 - 02/18/04 06:31 AM Re: Personal everyday stowage
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
I have a couple different models, neither of which show up in current inventory on the site. One has 2 small zippered pockets in front big enough to hold a robust wallet in each, and a velcro flap pocket in between that would hold either a cell phone or pair of shades, and behind them is a zippered main compartment with plenty of space, more than the main compartment on my fanny pack. Dimensions are similar to the larger ones shown. That's the one I use everyday. The other is different in many ways, but structurally similar. I expect to acquire more as time goes by.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 454 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.