Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#9857 - 10/09/02 03:56 PM Does your EDC differ between winter and summer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm always revising my edc, but I found out that the basic contents didn't change. In wintertime I found myself adding a few contents on my list that I carry with me all the time. Now that winter is approaching rapidly here north of 64° I found myself carrying the following:<br><br>- knife (spyderco endura)..SUMMER AND WINTER<br>- large trash bag...............WINTER<br>- Photon II red..................SUMMER AND WINTER<br>- Inova x5........................WINTER (daylight all summer so this is not needed in the summertime).<br>- First aid kit.....................SUMMER AND WINTER<br>- Cordage........................ WINTER<br>- FOX whistle....................SUMMER AND WINTER<br>- Leatherman micra............SUMMER AND WINTER<br>- Fisher bullet pen..............SUMMER AND WINTER<br>- Balaclava (silk)...............WINTER<br>and finally the usual stuff, wallet, keys, change, watch etc.<br><br>So my question is. Does your EDC differ from summer to winter?<br>

#9858 - 10/09/02 04:09 PM Re: Does your EDC differ between winter and summer?
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
I check my kit and the batteries before winter. But thatīs about it.

#9859 - 10/09/02 05:12 PM Re: Does your EDC differ between winter and summer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do the same as far as checking batteries and bulbs and anything else that has the potential of not working when I need it, but the kit usually stays the same.

#9860 - 10/09/02 06:51 PM Re: Does your EDC differ between winter and summer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My shelter group definitley changes. 9 moths out of the year is my summer carry, so the clothes I wear usually consist of cargo shorts and a t-shirt. There is no rain or cold nights to worry about. In the winter I carry whatever coat, parka, or jacket is necessary for sleeping a full night outside in the cold (for me thats about 50 degrees. In the jacket I have more survival supplies, namely gloves, balacava, food, candle, extra firemaking gear, etc.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 387 Guests and 37 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.