Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#5590 - 04/18/02 10:22 PM Jungle Survival Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, I am 21 years old and I'm doing a project on equipments necesary to go to the jungle for a week. What kind of clothes, tools, shoes, food, etcc, etc I would need.<br>I thought about doing it on the Amazon jungle.<br>Please if anyone could help me with this I'ld appreciate it so, so, soooo much !

#5591 - 04/18/02 10:52 PM Re: Jungle Survival Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

well, what are you going to be doing? Is this a *stay with the plane* type kit, or something for, say, a surveyor or archaeologist?

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (04/19/02 02:16 AM)

#5592 - 04/19/02 01:19 AM Re: Jungle Survival Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

a trip where the person is going there to explore the jungle but not for research but more as a hobby, as something this person likes to do when he has vacations.<br>BTW I'm from latinamerica so please excuse my "funny" way of "speaking" :)<br>

#5593 - 04/19/02 02:37 AM Re: Jungle Survival Kit
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The basic jungle tool is the machete, with Tramontina the major South American producer. Next would be water purification; chemical and a mechanical unit. Malaria and other insect born illness' require insect reppellent and netting. Food is plentifull IF you know what is edible, which brings us to the native peoples with their intimate knowledge. My friends who travel the Amazon say Magnesium firemakers are highly esteemed as gifts and virtually a unit of barter. A conquistador was lost in the jungle. After several weeks he resolved to commit suicide by ingesting a known poisonous root. Boiling it into a porridge he discovered it was now safe to eat and nutritous and was able to return safely. It is a dish we call Tapioca. the locals could have told him that, but he carried a sword and not magnesium fire bars ;O)

#5594 - 04/19/02 07:18 AM Re: Jungle Survival Kit
Stefan Offline

Loc: Sweden, South
As for personal use and experience; Machete/Kukri or Malaysian Parang, tweezers (spines from plants produce loads of splinters), sturdy working gloves (splinter protection), magnesium firestarter, large capacity watercontainer (in some djungle-mountain locations you have to carry water to camp), head-torch, sharpening stone (daily sharpening of the machete), mosquito-netting.<br><br>Stefan, Sweden

#5595 - 04/23/02 05:53 AM Re: Jungle Survival Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you planning a " prepared " survival or thinking of what to conjure from the jungles if you were caught unprepared? If its a prepared survival - I can't comment cos you can find 1001 stuff out there - but if you're thinking of an unannounced survival situation in the jungles.... that - I can answer but please write to me directly because I teach practical jungle survival where " You do what you have to do at where you are with what you have around you! "<br>Im calling from Malaysia, btw!!! And I make a living out of leading, subjecting & teaching people the practical skills of surviving in the jungles!!!! No GPS..no compass...no modern medicine even against poisonous plants, no water bottle ....etc!<br>The Jungle is Neutral & Too big to be left Unexplored!

#5596 - 04/23/02 06:11 AM Re: Jungle Survival Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

For in the jungle you will need lots op anti insect stuff. always carry a machete. and remeber in the jungle is it very hard to navigate because on some points you can only see 15 feet or less on al your sides.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Ren, Jeanette_Isabelle), 423 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.