Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#4152 - 02/13/02 10:15 PM air travel and PSK
PryBry Offline

Loc: mn, usa
After traveling by air just last week... and being nearly strip searched... twice! Once at the regular security check point and then again randomly at the gate. Both times being questioned about the "survival" items in my pocket... compass, box of matches, signal mirror and photon micro light (got himself right in the eyes.. duh) My credit card wrapped with fish line and tape made them really wonder what I was up to... but WOW they let me keep it.<br><br>I'm wondering if anyone has built and sucessfully carried a sealed PSK onto a commerial flight since 9/11.<br>If so, what would the list of contents look like?<br><br>From what I've heard, even fire starting materials are being taken from people at the other check points... this includes lighters, matches, etc...<br><br>I know knives and "sharps" of any kind are also taboo, but what about fish hooks, and big safety pins..?<br><br>Personally, I think their going at this the wrong way... they should be issuing knives as you board the plane so everyone has the same fighting chance.<br>

#4153 - 02/14/02 12:37 AM Re: air travel and PSK
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

We've gone from a pathetic security system ( and we were warned) to the typical reaction of overzealousness to "prove" we are doing everything.The flying public is not the customer but a problem. If you don't look like a steer walking calmly into the abatoir your a threat to A. national security B. airline safety C. my job. You pick the correct answer. Reminds me of the overzealous security guard who called the sherriff. I was pouring gas INTO my car's gas tank.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.