Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#3411 - 01/10/02 04:33 PM British SAS Survival Knives
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all, new to this group! Does anybody have links to sites where I can buy a SAS type survival knife? I remember some time ago finding a site with a SAS type knife but I managed to loose the bookmark!! Also has anybody got a link to a site where I can find a red and a black coloured dog tag, I've heard about them and they sound good for a medical condition (medic-alert) tag! Thanks for any help in advance.<br><br>Regards, Mark Johns.

#3412 - 01/10/02 05:02 PM Re: British SAS Survival Knives
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you're referring to the Standard British MOD Survival Knife, first manufactured in the early sixties, which incidentally is the best 7 inch carbon steel blade you could own. The handle of this knife is left unfinished. You have to finish the handle yourself, wrapping it with a length of paracord.

#3413 - 01/10/02 08:55 PM Re: British SAS Survival Knives
Bagheera Offline
journeyman

Loc: The Netherlands (Europe)
Jampot,<br><br>And besides finishing the grips you can spend a whole weekend on thinning the "edge" to get that knife to get any kind of cutting performance from it.<br>To me it looks more like a flat crowbar and I know of many other knives that perform better weigh less and stay sharp a lot longer then the MOD piece.<br><br>Go take a look at the new Camillus Combat/Utility 7 which sets you back $49.95 and comes with a nice cordura/kydex insert sheath with small pouch that can hold a compas, firesteel and some other survival "gear".<br><br>Best Scouting wishes from Holland,<br><br>Bagheera

#3414 - 01/10/02 10:14 PM Re: British SAS Survival Knives
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mark,<br><br>email your address to me at bluelineoutfitters@hotmail.com. We carry the British Military Knives. I have a MOD Survival (Military Issue) in stock. Thanks.<br><br>Barry

#3415 - 01/11/02 12:04 AM Re: British SAS Survival Knives
bones Offline
journeyman

Loc: Western / Central Australia
All you need to know about Wiseman's design is at his website http://www.loftywiseman.co.uk/<br><br>MOD Survival knife and Wilkinson Sword Survival knife are two other (but separate) common Brit utility blade options.<br><br>Rgds<br>Bones<br>

#3416 - 01/11/02 03:08 AM Re: British SAS Survival Knives
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bagheera, the reson why it looks liek a sharp crowbar is becuase, if ya'll are talking about what I'm thinking of, that is exactly what is. It was intended to hack through the sides of aircraft bodies in the case of a crash, pry open jammed canopies, et al.<br><br>Besides, if the MOD aircrew knife is so hoo-ahh, then why does every picture of the SAS i've seen show them with other things, like Ka-bars, cold steel, randell, and thier ever overestimated toothpicks?

#3417 - 01/15/02 03:29 PM Re: Medical Alert Dog Tags
Anonymous
Unregistered

USCav.com carries the red med alert dog tags and can get them to you fairly quickly.<br><br>http://www.uscav.com/shop/uscitemdetail.asp?stk_code=WA1114<br><br>This should be the exact link. If not just go to USCav.com and search for "Medical Dog Tags"<br><br>Good luck

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 308 Guests and 73 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.