Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#1844 - 09/27/01 09:38 AM forum parameters
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I encourage all forum members, both veteran and new ( including myself) to read and review the rules and courtesies and the disclaimer on "survival vs. survivalism". Again, this is a time of turmoil, both globally and on an individual level. It is also a time of growth for the website as people seek information, indeed assurance. Equipped is being accessed by individuals worldwide,as witnessed by our Swedish, Dutch, Australian, British and Turk friends to name a few. Lets not get parochial. I was three days researching teotwawki in a monster tome on the Hopi lanquage before I saw it on another site. <br><br>

#1845 - 09/27/01 01:48 PM Re: forum parameters
Anonymous
Unregistered

This site and forum tends to focus primarily on equipment, kits and their use. <br><br>How to build a complete cache of supplies to live an extended existence is typically outside the scope of this forum. Occasionally that type of discussion brings in discussions of militia and para-military groups. For a very welcoming and supportive group discussion that complements this forum, check out www.ubb.plainsmanscabin.com From there check out the forum. No politics, no religion, no militia/para-military discussion. <br><br>It is mostly how to build a lifestyle to extend your 72 hour kit to weeks, months, years. Equipment is discussed and evaluated but in a much different manner from this website. Not competition, complementary.<br><br><br>

#1846 - 09/27/01 01:51 PM Re: forum parameters
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry. THe above URL is incorrect. The one below will take you directly to the forum.<br><br>http://ubb.plainsmanscabin.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi<br><br>

#1847 - 09/27/01 02:32 PM Re: forum parameters
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do apologize for causing any trouble by using an inappropriate acronym. I have read the survival vs survivalism page and I appreciate you pointing out the difference. If I may ask, Is the discussion of a 72 hour kit appropriate on this forum? I understand that the discussion of returning to "pioneer life" doesn't seem to be the target. But I am confused as to the definition of "short term preparedness". I would like to contine participating in this forum as I have read every post available-and there seems to be a wealth of good advice here. Thank you for directing me to the other forums as I love to get as much info as possible.<br><br>Thank you for helping a newbie, I do hope that I haven't given a terrible first impression.<br><br>Melinda<br><br>

#1848 - 09/27/01 05:39 PM Re: forum parameters
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Dear Tunneldiver, Nothing you said was innappropriate. Many of the 'survival/preparedness' websites also promulgate political/social views. We keep that aspect private, avoiding the cyber food fights that alienate participants(been there done that). Homesteading is more involved than our immediate interest. There are participants who may have a quick answer or reference. <br><br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 391 Guests and 39 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.