Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gun that fits an Altoid's Tin by Burncycle @ 06/16/18 07:29 AM

Not an altoids tin, but speaking of the NAA pistol... Someone made a bicycle rifle out of one, and to be honest I haven't seen anything else out there as compact (as far as pack rifles go) unless it was a single shot... and since the pistols are ava
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Avatars and Signatures by haertig @ 06/16/18 05:16 AM

This thread made me think - I've been hanging around here for a few years now, maybe I ought to post up an avatar? Yeah, took me a while to finally get around to it. The one I chose is "The Flatirons" a few miles west of my house. They l
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by Bingley @ 06/16/18 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By: hikermorEvidently there are other possible uses, as well... Sounds like a ringing endorsement! Regarding sharpening a disposable blade -- that was primarily in response to Jeanette's requirement that the tool continues to be
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Avatars and Signatures by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 06/16/18 01:37 AM

Continuing with the cliche of the female geek with dark hair and glasses, I'm using this cute image of Margo from the Despicable Me franchise. She is one tough twelve-year-old. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gun that fits an Altoid's Tin by Russ @ 06/15/18 10:41 PM

Yeah, a few years back I was looking for a small pistol for CC and the smallest I felt comfortable shooting well was a G-19; I prefer a grip I can actually hold. That G-19 and its big brother G-17 are my go-to pistols these days. .45ACP’s (Glock &a
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gun that fits an Altoid's Tin by ireckon @ 06/15/18 09:56 PM

Yesterday, I was browsing tiny pistols in .22lr. I kept adding features I wanted and soon found myself looking at the Glock 43. This tiny pistol thing is just not going to happen for me.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 06/15/18 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: RussNot familiar w/ Gallagher's all-purpose kitchen tool. Link? ...or was that Gallagher’s imagination running wild? Here is a video demonstrating his multi-purpose tool, the Sledge-O-Matic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 06/15/18 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: KenKI assume you're speaking of the Sledge-O-Matic? Do you know of any other tool he uses? Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by KenK @ 06/15/18 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleThat ax reminds me of Gallagher's all-purpose kitchen tool. Jeanette Isabelle I assume you're speaking of the Sledge-O-Matic?
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by Russ @ 06/15/18 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleThat ax reminds me of Gallagher's all-purpose kitchen tool... Not familiar w/ Gallagher's all-purpose kitchen tool. Link? ...or was that Gallagher’s imagination running wild?
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 06/15/18 06:31 PM

That ax reminds me of Gallagher's all-purpose kitchen tool. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by Montanero @ 06/15/18 06:24 PM

For when you need more precision than a survival axe when opening boxes.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by Ren @ 06/15/18 06:01 PM

The selection is not complete without a certain YouTuber's favourite box opening implement... https://www.bosch-do-it.com/gb/en/diy/tools/easycut-12-3165140830843-2577102.jsp Yes, a cordless mini chainsaw.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 06/15/18 05:01 PM

At more than 15" that tool is longer than the three-cell MAG-LITE I use to EDC. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by hikermor @ 06/15/18 04:38 PM

Just to complete the array choices for J I's selection, consider this "Tactical Survival Axe" https://www.big5sportinggoods.com/store/...63#.WyPpqKdKjZY This was advertised in our local paper and I thought of this thread immediately. Cer
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by Russ @ 06/15/18 04:21 PM

That is a different direction... 13-Point Breakaway Knife or ANVIL 18 mm and 9 mm Snap-Off Knife Set (2-Piece) Both available at Home Depot. I’d never carry one, but I kinda like ‘em, pure throwaway.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gun that fits an Altoid's Tin by M_a_x @ 06/15/18 03:08 PM

It seems to be feasible to actually hit a target at a useful range (7 yards would beyond my stabbing range, even with my big knife ;)) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB-vaGV8wy0 Here is a demo on this gun and few other small handguns: https:/
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Surviving a Small City by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 06/15/18 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: RussSo Jeanette, do you travel around town strictly by mass transit? I can't because the nearest bus stop is ten miles away. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by LCranston @ 06/15/18 02:14 PM

Jeanette_Isabelle, This comes down to you, and what you want it to do. Based solely on what you have said you want to use it for, if the EMT shears cover all your other needs, the box knife fits best. This is just about you. Dozier is a great
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gun that fits an Altoid's Tin by wileycoyote @ 06/15/18 02:03 PM

a self defense or food gathering firearm should be accurate enough to hit a vital area with enough energy to effectively stop the target. just making a loud noise isn't enough.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Surviving a Small City by Russ @ 06/15/18 01:58 PM

So Jeanette, do you travel around town strictly by mass transit? That puts your knife thread into context. 2026 — Good to see the planners are thinking ahead...
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gun that fits an Altoid's Tin by chaosmagnet @ 06/15/18 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: UncleGooHmmm...anybody know where I can get an altoids tin big enough for a Glock and a 30-30? I have Altoids in my car's glovebox and keep a gun (legally!) in the trunk, does that count?
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Surviving a Small City by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 06/15/18 01:04 PM

An update on what's happening in Ocala, FL. A six-story building is being built next to Sam's Club, the new equestrian center is progressing slowly, a Jaguar dealership will open this fall near the Porche/BMW dealership and another one-story construc
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Prioritize 15 items for subarctic survival by Roarmeister @ 06/15/18 04:29 AM

Originally Posted By: clearwaterCanvas 23 feet square? you could get by with a 12' square for 5 people easy. That full canvas would weigh close to 40 lbs! Either use it for something else or leave part of it behind. Oops. it is 23 square feet. Not 2
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by UncleGoo @ 06/15/18 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: bws48Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleOriginally Posted By: bws48Why not have a knife that will open the packages, able to be re-sharpened, has more than one blade and has other commonly used everyday tools??? The Swiss Ar
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (UTAlumnus, Jeanette_Isabelle), 283 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Birdman1776, tskinner, Abe, Flyingbforge, Sedric
5254 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Getting Organized
by hikermor
24 minutes 15 seconds ago
Tough old babushkas
by LesSnyder
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Folder for Opening Boxes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:45 PM
Happy Fathers' Day
by chaosmagnet
06/18/18 08:30 PM
Royal Navy monkey fist knot tutorial
by Phaedrus
06/18/18 07:22 PM
FEMA PrepTalks: The Unthinkable -
by hikermor
06/18/18 02:59 PM
Surviving a Small City
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/17/18 02:46 AM
Gun that fits an Altoid's Tin
by Phaedrus
06/16/18 08:10 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.