Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Solar eclipse, anyone? - A 6" dia image by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/20/17 02:24 PM

I've been monitoring the forecast. There is still a 40% chance of a thunderstorm at the time of the eclipse. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/20/17 12:54 PM

Inline with stocking up in an organized manner, I ordered a case of facial tissue from Sam's Club. https://www.samsclub.com/sams/windsoft-facial-tissue-30-boxes-100-ct-each/prod450350.ip?xid=plp2120107-groc:product:1:18 Disclaimer: I have no affili
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a good book! by chaosmagnet @ 08/20/17 12:09 PM

Both UTAlumnus and wildman800 are clearly erudite, intelligent and wise people, because they agree with me. Even if you don't think you like military scifi _On Basilisk Station_ is outstanding and you can't beat the price for the ebook. The Foundat
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fishing Line for PSK by wildman800 @ 08/20/17 08:52 AM

Checkout Donny Pavolinni Outdoors on YouTube. Find his fishing pill bottle video.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a good book! by wildman800 @ 08/20/17 08:50 AM

The Foundation series by Iisacc Isomov
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Solar eclipse, anyone? - A 6" dia image by rafowell @ 08/20/17 06:19 AM

A method that I used quite sucessfully to show off the sun for the transit of Venus back in 2012 was to reflect the sun (from a signal mirror, naturally!) through a large pinhole ( 1/4" = 6 mm, in my case) into a darkened room to project on a wh
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a good book! by UTAlumnus @ 08/20/17 05:45 AM

If you like military hard sci-fi,try "On Basilisk Station" by David Weber. IIRC you can download it free in several formats from the [url=www.baen.com]Baen website[/url]. E-books from Baen were DRM free the last time I bought from them.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Fishing Line for PSK by Burncycle @ 08/20/17 05:24 AM

I don't really fish recreationally, so I don't have a whole lot of experience. When I was thinking of what to add to a PSK re: fishing and food gathering, I've been using braided heavy test line (65 lbs), the line of thought being it could be used f
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Third-Party Hosting by chaosmagnet @ 08/20/17 01:15 AM

Looks good.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Third-Party Hosting by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/20/17 01:14 AM

I'm testing an image hosting service. Let me know if the picture is visible. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Solar eclipse, anyone? by haertig @ 08/19/17 06:50 PM

My plan is to enjoy the darkness and coolness during the eclipse. Look around at my surroundings here on earth. Looking directly at the eclipse ... it will be just a small black circle with some rays going out from it. Impressive enough, but profe
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Solar eclipse, anyone? by Pete @ 08/19/17 04:57 PM

whrn i was a kid, they always recommended projecting the image of the Sun through lenses ... like binoculars or a telescope lens. I dont mean looking at the Sun directly through these objects. I mean allowing the rays of the sun to enter the princi
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by LesSnyder @ 08/19/17 11:00 AM

I've started charging up the AA and AAA Eneloops along with the 12vdc storage battery and battery packs for the Ridgid drill/driver... looks like an interesting week or so in the Western Tropical Atlantic
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by wildman800 @ 08/19/17 09:46 AM

These are metal"cards" that are the size of a credit card. The tools are in the card and have to be broken out when needed.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by M_a_x @ 08/19/17 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: wildman800 I ordered 2 lock picking cards and an acrylic lock for training. Just out of curiosity, what type of lockpicking cards did you order? Acrylic locks are not a really good choice if you want to learn lockpicking. Loc
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by wildman800 @ 08/19/17 07:07 AM

I've finally got around to ordering Silcock keys for our GHB's and BoB's. I ordered a fire escape mask (same as the 1's that we already have in the house) for drill purposes. After the drill, I'm taking it to my local firehouse to let the firemen ge
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a good book! by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/19/17 02:02 AM

It does not fit what you described; a book I loved is The Thorn Birds. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Recommend me a good book! by haertig @ 08/19/17 01:39 AM

I like Fiction, Action, Adventure, and alternate settings (I guess you might call them "fantasy settings", but not with unicorns, elves, etc. - I mean fantasy settings as in underground caves holding civilizations, transporting into the fut
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Solar eclipse, anyone? by Phaedrus @ 08/18/17 10:20 PM

Kudos to Amazon for taking some initiative here but the sad fact is that they have been very lax about policing counterfeit stuff over the last year or so.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Solar eclipse, anyone? by Russ @ 08/18/17 02:36 PM

Solar eclipse glasses Quote:...NASA also suggests checking that the glasses you use aren’t damaged and that they’re compliant with the ISO 12312-2 international safety standard. Earlier this week Time reported that Amazon sent out a warning to its
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Please Consider Supporting Knife Rights by chaosmagnet @ 08/18/17 01:06 PM

If you live in the United States, please take a moment to look at this map: https://kniferights.org/about/accomplishments/ . Chances are that you live, work, or travel through one of the states where Knife Rights has made a significant difference in
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanical Bathroom Scale by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/17/17 09:02 PM

No one had any recommendations, so I went with Medline. Jeanette Isabelle
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Nuclear Targets-What are they? by wildman800 @ 08/17/17 07:55 PM

Per the Soviet 1965 Plan, they were going to NuDet 5 "weather" satellites that councidentally would be stretched across the country from Los Angeles to Maine. Such plans have been around for a long time.
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Nuclear Targets-What are they? by adam2 @ 08/17/17 05:44 PM

Whilst it is well to be prepared for an EMP attack, this is only likely if a nuclear weapon is detonated at high altitude. EMP is more or less line of sight, so for nuclear explosion near ground level the effect is very local, and probably largely c
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Indestructible Fruitcake! by bws48 @ 08/17/17 03:50 PM

My terrible dark secret is that I love my family's traditional Thanksgiving/Christmas fruitcake. Dark, rich, loaded with rum (or bourbon), molasses, candied fruit, raisins, and walnuts: moist, not sweet, but with a taste that keeps you coming back
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 86 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John_Sarnik, slimshady, ss729, Ratch, earlgrey
5213 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Recommend me a good book!
by leemann
05:03 AM
Boating gear
by TeacherRO
08:01 PM
Solar eclipse, anyone?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
07:01 PM
Nuclear Targets-What are they?
by wildman800
03:27 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Phaedrus
04:39 AM
Fishing Line for PSK
by wildman800
08/20/17 07:21 PM
Indestructible Fruitcake!
by Pete
08/20/17 04:15 PM
Third-Party Hosting
by chaosmagnet
08/20/17 01:15 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.