Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: My Micro Blog by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 02:13 PM

This reminds me of when our house flooded and I had the correct homeowners insurance rider. One of my relatives said, "That was lucky!" No, it wasn't.
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Revising and updating your EDC by Ren @ Yesterday at 01:31 PM

BCB International here in the UK, produce an alcohol gel fuel, Fire Dragon, which also can be used a hand sanitiser. https://www.firedragonfuel.com/
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by Ren @ Yesterday at 01:26 PM

Like the simplicity of this DIY face shield. https://making.engr.wisc.edu/shield/#DIY
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by Janysboy @ Yesterday at 01:12 PM

It will help to keep a cloth mask moist.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: My Micro Blog by nursemike @ Yesterday at 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: ChiselLong time no blog ... Trying to engrave the prepping mentality in their heads ASAP without freaking them out or looking like paranoid. I used to worry about looking like a paranoid, but my wife observed that the ship
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by nursemike @ Yesterday at 12:57 PM

It's interesting to watch the CDC evolution from no public masks, to recommended public masks. Currently the CDC recommends health care workers wear an N-95 fit-tested mask, washable face-shield and non-sterile cover gown, with lots of emphasis on
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MacGyvering the coronavirus by nursemike @ Yesterday at 05:27 AM

Never used one for more than four hours:a neonate with continuous seizure, too tiny for any of the vents at the community hospital. Waiting for the pediatric medeva to arrive. There's no theoretical limit on use except manpower. And, in truth, manpo
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: My Micro Blog by Chisel @ Yesterday at 04:40 AM

Long time no blog ... By mistake I have deleted a folder that contained files and videos about prepping, bushcraft and stuff. Can't get them back. As if this corona stuff is not enough. Grrrr Several issues are brewing in my head. One son working
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Plague humor - Chad by brandtb @ Yesterday at 03:48 AM

Day 20 of the quarantine. About to take out the garbage. Iím so excited I donít know what to wear. My house got TPíd last night. I just looked on Zillo and itís now worth $875,000. I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backya
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Funny Photos by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 03:01 AM

Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MacGyvering the coronavirus by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: nursemikeManually operated man-portable ventilator You would know better than me, but I have the idea that these are not practical for more than very short term use.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by Russ @ 04/02/20 11:57 PM

It seems to be fine on nitrile gloves ó Iíve kept reusing that same pair with no ill effects. They are still pliable and fit well ó no rips or tears. First sign of deterioration and they get tossed. OTOH I would not try that with Latex gloves. I
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by Phaedrus @ 04/02/20 11:47 PM

Is sanitizer safe to use over gloves or does it break down the material the glove is made of? I honestly don't know, that's why I ask.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by Russ @ 04/02/20 11:27 PM

I have a mask/gloves so I am safe ďvirtue signalingĒ. I have a mask thatís only good to 1.0 micron but is reusable/washable. It can be pinched at the nose bridge and the elastic all around makes for a good fit. It is advertised as being antimicrobi
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MacGyvering the coronavirus by nursemike @ 04/02/20 11:26 PM

Manually operated man-portable ventilator: $20 bag-valve-mask
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What Have We Learned? by nursemike @ 04/02/20 11:17 PM

Been disabled/retired for ten years now, so I have lotsa time to work on preps-gasoline cache in a shed, 12v solar charger/battery inverter system in another shed, water supply and triple backup filtration systems in place, not that any of those thin
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MacGyvering the coronavirus by nursemike @ 04/02/20 10:55 PM

Trying to get my head around the thinking here. Are we planning to build a diy ventilator and set up an icu unit at home, or are we planning to take our ventilator to the hospital and offer it for use in their icu?
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by nursemike @ 04/02/20 10:49 PM

Good information. Important to remember that te mask will be the most contaminated item you have in your house, since it has been live trapping virus form 4-8 liters of air per minute while you are wearing it. OTOH, this is why the gov has been slo
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What Have We Learned? by Phaedrus @ 04/02/20 10:09 PM

I guess things have gone as well for me as I could reasonably expect. I have enough food on hand for probably a month or two although it's not going to be keto friendly. The stores aren't really out of any foodstuffs that I normally buy. The pasta
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by Phaedrus @ 04/02/20 10:05 PM

If I'm lucky I'll find my masks to buy around July!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts How to use a mask by clearwater @ 04/02/20 08:58 PM

"The debate is over. You should be wearing a mask when you go out." Now letís talk about the right way to use masks: Each person in your home should have a mask ó absolutely no sharing. The mask should cover the bridge of your nose and cup
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Reever Knot with tutorial link by TonyE @ 04/02/20 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: LCranstonQuestion- Why Reaver as opposed to Square, or zepplin? not arguing, curious It is more secure than the square knot. More symmetrical than the zeppelin which has the ends exiting from the knot at a right angle. It is
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What Have We Learned? by M_a_x @ 04/02/20 07:11 PM

I reevaluated my stored items. The food would probably last for 2 months, 3 months if I stretch it a little. Articles for hygene would have lasted for 3 weeks to half a year depending on the item (TP reached the restock level). There was no real shor
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MacGyvering the coronavirus by Ren @ 04/02/20 06:30 PM

I know some of our army were specifically trained for driving tanker lorries, specifically for delivering oxygen to hospitals. And hospitals are normally plumbed for delivering oxygen, similar to how water is distributed thoughout.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What Have We Learned? by hikermor @ 04/02/20 06:11 PM

No bored kids here - the li'l Hikermor is at UCLA and we have been helping her and her BF with stuff which has been beneficial to all. i am fortunate because I was anticipating home confinement as the result of hip replacement surgery, now postponed
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (M_a_x, Chisel), 220 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Enoob, StrangerInTheWoods, Tauricornous, Jackandco, lis
5308 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Micro Blog
by Chisel
1 second ago
How to use a mask
by Phaedrus
Today at 05:46 AM
Anybody planting a garden?
by hikermor
Today at 02:08 AM
MacGyvering the coronavirus
by LesSnyder
Yesterday at 06:23 PM
Revising and updating your EDC
by Ren
Yesterday at 01:31 PM
Plague humor - Chad
by brandtb
Yesterday at 03:48 AM
Funny Photos
by Phaedrus
Yesterday at 03:01 AM
What Have We Learned?
by nursemike
04/02/20 11:17 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.