Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Pessimists vs. Optimists by Blast @ Yesterday at 12:21 AM

Howdy, Martin! Seems like all the old guard is showing up again. I wonder if that means anything. -Blast
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Water Purification by RayW @ 01/14/21 11:27 PM

I don't know how long you can store water in the bottles that EMP.. Posted. But the bottles are far more durable than the milk jug style containers. The one in that type that is currently wedged between the tool box and bed side in the back of the t
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Pessimists vs. Optimists by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/14/21 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: MartinFocazioBut in response, the Eastern European optimist will say, "Oh, don't worry so much, of course they could get worse!" Welcome to 2021! Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Pessimists vs. Optimists by chaosmagnet @ 01/14/21 10:31 PM

My Eastern European ancestors are nodding sagely at this. Glad to have you back around.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! by MartinFocazio @ 01/14/21 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermor Adverse reactions to medication are not rare. I reacted adversely to aspirin when a teenager.... "In the US, 3 to 7% of all hospitalizations are due to adverse drug reactions." SOURCE Importantly side ef
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! by MartinFocazio @ 01/14/21 09:39 PM

I have such a huge smile, and maybe a few tears reading this.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! by MartinFocazio @ 01/14/21 09:36 PM

I'm on the list! Looks like early-mid February, maybe earlier!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Pessimists vs. Optimists by MartinFocazio @ 01/14/21 09:35 PM

Some of you may have noticed that I was basically absent from this forum for a few years, despite being a very active member and moderator in the past. Most of the reason I was generally not around was that I had a job that got me fairly far up the
The Survival Forum
Routine. Have done so for years
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Base layers, long underwear as park of your kits by Roarmeister @ 01/14/21 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: TeacherROIts a cheap, compact way to maintain temperature in colder climes. Do you pack base layers? Oh heck yeah - says the Canadian prairie boy. Mid-weight tops and bottoms plus regular underwear, socks, toque and bandana.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you tag your bags? by MartinFocazio @ 01/14/21 03:01 PM

Good idea. Helps. Print same thing on both sides of the tag. At home, it's kept me from getting stuff I don't need. This is something I also do at the firehouse now that I'm one of the 2 quartermasters. It really helps with clarity and speed.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you tag your bags? by chaosmagnet @ 01/14/21 01:54 PM

Nice!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you tag your bags? by Tjin @ 01/14/21 10:53 AM

Pictures of my marking systems with the badge holders: https://imgur.com/a/OgmuFJP
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signal mirror flash shown on video by rafowell @ 01/14/21 05:46 AM

Originally Posted By: unimogbertInternet search suggests that the British used heliographs into the 1940s. Yes - the British used heliographs in World War 2, and most of the British heliographs that come up on Ebay these days were built during World
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Water Purification by Blast @ 01/14/21 02:21 AM

Okay, in my case it was standard 1-gallon jugs of water. Hopefully yours are more durable. -Blast
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you tag your bags? by TeacherRO @ 01/14/21 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: TjinI use badge holders with a ziploc like closure. Waterproof and easy to update. I use it both to identify what it is and to mark equipment that has some important notes to it: - Avalanche airbag: Attach canister (stored loo
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Water Purification by EMPnotImplyNuclear @ 01/14/21 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Blast My experience with standard gallons of water is they tend to develop leaks. I've moved to a 55 gallon, food-grade, poly drum and three 7-gallon Aquatainers filled with water, thankfully because I have room for them. -Blast
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best use of time, money by unimogbert @ 01/13/21 11:02 PM

Law enforcement agencies are going encrypted which makes them unavailable for situational awareness. In my area of N. Colorado the only thing left is State Patrol and dispatch channels for Fire and EMS. (and air and railroad) City and County law
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mask preferences by Tjin @ 01/13/21 07:59 PM

We also had a discussion about masks here, with our national virologist saying there is no evidence that masks in the population are actually proven to help. He did say it works in a medical setting. Since then masks have been mandatory, but lookin
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mask preferences by Burncycle @ 01/13/21 06:44 PM

Fauci and the SG did mislead the public, and Fauci implicitly admitted just prior to the April 3rd announcement to wear improvised masks that the driving factor of his decision was a shortage of PPE for medical workers and fear of panic buying. The
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mask preferences by williamlatham @ 01/13/21 01:15 PM

They have all 152 countries. It is interesting to sort on death per 1,000,000 people and see how things fall out. Probably due to population density.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mask preferences by haertig @ 01/13/21 06:40 AM

Originally Posted By: BingleyMany people believe the CDC was concerned that there wouldn't be enough PPE for healthcare workers, and so de-emphasized mask use for the general population. But if they hope to maintain one shred of credibility, then the
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mask preferences by Bingley @ 01/13/21 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: haertigI'll call your statistic, and raise you one: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/ How reliable is this? It's missing countries!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mask preferences by Bingley @ 01/13/21 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: haertigRemember, just a few short months ago the CDC and other medical professional were saying masks were useless for the general population. Now their recommendation is 180 degrees opposite. It's not like masks are something
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best use of time, money by Blast @ 01/12/21 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet The ubiquitous Baofeng UV-5R family can receive a lot of emergency services traffic depending on where you live. Yep, love my Baofengs and Houston and my county EMS dispatches still broadcasts unencrypted on freq
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (chaosmagnet), 360 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bishop68, Tin, Knobco, manimal, Sherette
5330 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
07:16 PM
Riddles
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04:59 PM
Our local hospital started vaccinations today!
by Nomad
01:58 PM
New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter
by Doug_Ritter
01:14 AM
Base layers, long underwear as park of your kits
by quick_joey_small
11:17 AM
Pessimists vs. Optimists
by Phaedrus
04:05 AM
Water Purification
by RayW
01/14/21 11:27 PM
Do you tag your bags?
by MartinFocazio
01/14/21 03:01 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.