Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by chaosmagnet @ 10/13/19 07:28 PM

We tested a number of counterfeit tourniquets to destruction, along with real CATs and others. I wouldn't buy these.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by hikermor @ 10/13/19 07:22 PM

Nursemike, your comments are most enlightening. My experience has been that the most generally useful item in my FAK has been a 3" or 4" Ace bandage - good for splinting, direct pressure, and all sorts of applications. This has been in non
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by nursemike @ 10/13/19 06:36 PM

Well, its a tourniquet, not a defibrillator. This is not improved technology on display, but aggressive marketing. Black dyed tactical toilet tissue is not more functional than Charmin. We used tourniquets professionally, occasionally to be sure,
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 10/13/19 05:18 PM

Thank you. The administration needs to add that to "ETS Acronyms," which is a locked thread. http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=182658#Post182658 Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by DaveL @ 10/13/19 04:34 PM

MTC. My Two Cents
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by Russ @ 10/13/19 04:01 PM

“Penny Wise, Pound Foolish” comes to mind.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 10/13/19 03:27 PM

I think we have that well established. The problem is to convince Mom of that. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by hikermor @ 10/13/19 03:06 PM

A review by someone without actual experience is worthless. For something as potentially critical as a TQ, a price differential of less than twenty bucks is inconsequential. What is a human life worth???
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 10/13/19 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: DaveLMTC MTC is not among the list of acronyms. What does this one stand for? We need to add it to the list. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 10/13/19 12:29 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence, now to convince Mom of that. She plans to order one Recond tourniquet (if she has not already) to see how it compares with my C-A-T trainer. Hopefully, the proof will be in the pudding. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by Herman30 @ 10/13/19 08:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Phaedrus if you really need one and it breaks, whoever you're putting it on may well die. I read somewhere that if the patient doesn´t scream with pain then the tourniquet is not tight enough.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by Phaedrus @ 10/13/19 04:14 AM

I would not trust my life to a counterfeit TQ. Sure, lots of positive reviews but I bet not one in fifty of those reviewers ever actually used it for real, probably far less. TQs are absolutely necessary very often but if you really need one and it
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Power outages in the Bay Area by hikermor @ 10/13/19 03:47 AM

I understand that the decisions are PG&E's. No direct gov't involvement. Nursemike raises an extremely valid concern but after the Camp Fire last year, something had to be done. According to an article in the LA Times, the response has been far
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Power outages in the Bay Area by Russ @ 10/13/19 02:04 AM

Was this a government decision or PG&E? A fire caused by a gas generator is not PG&E’s problem. I doubt PG&E cares if there’s a fire as long as it’s not their fault.
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Power outages in the Bay Area by nursemike @ 10/13/19 01:57 AM

Wonder if a few hundred thousand small gasoline-powered generators provide a lesser wildfire threat than downed power lines. It is hard form me to sort out the elements of the official decision-making process that influence governmental disaster resp
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by DaveL @ 10/12/19 11:13 PM

I bought the recon brand along with the swat T , for pressure bandage MTC YMMV
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 10/12/19 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Herman30Why? To have tourniquets in different locations. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recon Medical Tourniquets by Herman30 @ 10/12/19 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleMom believes we need a bunch of tourniquets Why?
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Biggest Concerns in an SHTF Situation by Russ @ 10/12/19 09:01 PM

Okay, I kinda liked the Tecsun PL-880 and now that’s it’s in hand and turned on, I do like it. I need to review/relearn the Tecsun tuning system again, it’s not intuitive. The PL-880’s tuning is similar to the Tecsun PL-360/CC GP-5 so the radio con
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Recon Medical Tourniquets by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 10/12/19 08:17 PM

Mom, who believes we need a bunch of tourniquets, is concerned about the $30 price tag on the C-A-T. She looks into cheaper, generic tourniquets with the same design and discovers the Recon Medical Tourniquets. https://www.reconmedical.com/tournique
Jump to new posts Re: Biggest Concerns in an SHTF Situation by Russ @ 10/12/19 07:15 PM

AM radio is a good way to stay connected and up to speed with current events. One of the issues with AM reception is having a decent radio, the other is having a better antenna. The nice thing about AM radio is that it propagates really well at nig
Jump to new posts Re: Biggest Concerns in an SHTF Situation by LesSnyder @ 10/12/19 03:04 AM

when I was a classroom teacher on the Central West Coast of Florida, I gave a yearly emergency management lab on preparedness... my key emphasis was in fact to MAKE A PLAN...it involved many areas commonly identified, but with emphasis on when to put
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Cautionary Tale by nursemike @ 10/12/19 01:42 AM

Necrotizing fasciitis at the beach Brain-eating amoebae at the beach E. Coli at the beach Avoid the beach.
Jump to new posts Re: Big Winter storm by Phaedrus @ 10/12/19 01:32 AM

The big storm barely touched us here in Bozeman but it really dumped north and west of it. Looks like my old home in Sioux Falls, SD will be spared the brunt of it this time.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Marlinspike Lanyard Knot Whisk Broom Tutorial by Phaedrus @ 10/12/19 01:31 AM

Wow, it looks like it's done a lot of whisking over the last 40 years!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 216 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AppalachianGirl, BereniceStanaway, aakanksha, 9Line, SkiSoloII
5295 Registered Users
Newest Posts
celox and other blood clotting
by Robert_McCall
Improvise! The need for a Plan B
by hikermor
12:34 AM
Recon Medical Tourniquets
by Burncycle
07:31 PM
Power outages in the Bay Area
by Russ
03:44 PM
Equipped.org Fox 40 Micro Whistles Available
by pforeman
03:05 PM
Biggest Concerns in an SHTF Situation
by Russ
10/12/19 09:01 PM
A Cautionary Tale
by nursemike
10/12/19 01:42 AM
Big Winter storm
by Phaedrus
10/12/19 01:32 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.