Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Funny Photos by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/21/19 11:58 AM

Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Funny Photos by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/21/19 11:55 AM

Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Funny Photos by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/21/19 11:52 AM

Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Funny Photos by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/21/19 11:47 AM

Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Funny Photos by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/21/19 11:41 AM

Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Funny Photos by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/21/19 11:37 AM

Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Funny Photos by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/21/19 11:33 AM

The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: More on Bears and Firearms by Phaedrus @ 08/21/19 06:45 AM

One definitely needs to choose a sidearm that can be used effectively. More gun than you can manage won't be ideal. Alaskan guide Phil Shoemaker used 4 x 147gr Buffalo Bore 9mm hard cast to kill a 1,000 lb grizzly that attacked his clients but I'd
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: More on Bears and Firearms by Burncycle @ 08/21/19 06:30 AM

Thanks for sharing that. I'm in public safety as a firefighter, and under ordinary circumstances when seconds count, help is just minutes away -- but they can be the longest minutes of your life. In the outdoors, the problem is exacerbated and help
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Am I Failing to Communicate? by Phaedrus @ 08/20/19 10:20 PM

I'm not sure if it's a failure to communicate so much as a difference in philosophies. ETS is kind of based around self reliance and education so it's normal for most of us to ass/u/me that building a kit is the way to go. Realistically if you buy
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Am I Failing to Communicate? by brandtb @ 08/20/19 09:58 PM

As I recall from past threads you live in Florida (correct?). In building your kit, I would suggest basing it on a set of limiting factors dictated by the terrain you would have to cover. Florida is pretty flat, and from my (limited) experience fai
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Bug Out Bag Contents by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/20/19 06:33 PM

Last night Mom researched the price of every item in the Quick Pack Contents and added everything up. It came to $150. GATA has it for $130. After a hard sell, Mom approved my idea for the prototype to learn with. As an unexpected bonus, Mom is usin
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cell phone protection by Tjin @ 08/20/19 08:13 AM

Mine is waterproof rated, added a simple thing TPU cover and a screen protector for all-around protection. Keeps it small and thus pocket-friendly.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: More on Bears and Firearms by Phaedrus @ 08/20/19 05:48 AM

The LCRx 3" is a fine little revolver! I never carry it afield anymore but I really should. Living in Montana it's a bit underpowered for bigger threats here but it would still be fine for small game hunting, etc. Or of course to ward off 2 l
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: More on Bears and Firearms by clearwater @ 08/20/19 04:43 AM

Looks like Aspen Colorado has had three bear attacks recently. https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/19/third-bear-attack-aspen/ When we went huckleberry picking a couple of weekends ago we were in black bear, wolf, cougar country with a small dog an
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Lanyard, key ring fob, zipper pull tutorials by TonyE @ 08/20/19 03:56 AM

ABOK 782 - Two strand diamond knot ABOK 782 tutorial Abok 783 - Two strand footrope knot ABOK 783 tutorial
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: More on Bears and Firearms by LesSnyder @ 08/20/19 03:05 AM

Bingley, not sure of your firearms background, but the decision is dependent on a couple of things... auto loaders...typically have much lighter trigger pull (especially one handed) but due to the breach locking design are limited to bullet weights
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cell phone protection by Russ @ 08/20/19 02:46 AM

Thanks for the report Les, Iíve never tested mine in serious rain. I have dropped it enough to destroy many smartphones ó Gorilla Glass or not ó no signs of wear at all. Great phone imo. Not affiliated with Verizon or Kyocera other than as a cu
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cell phone protection by LesSnyder @ 08/20/19 02:28 AM

we've had some pretty serious rain the last week or so on the Central Gulf Coast of Fla, and pushed the timing a little to get my cousin's yard mowed...got caught in a frog strangler and was soaked to the skin... the Kyocera DuraXV in a Maxpedition p
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cell phones & Other Electronics by Eugene @ 08/19/19 04:10 PM

Another issue I'm running into is maintaining electronics. As we get more and more they are harder to keep track of making sure they all stay charged. I had been standardizing on AA batteries but a lot of devices are not available in AA or still
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cell phone protection by Eugene @ 08/19/19 04:05 PM

My last three phones have been waterproof, starting with the Kyocera Brigaider. Also be sure to get wireless charging so you don't wear out the port or break the port when you or a cat knock the phone off of a table.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Am I Failing to Communicate? by Russ @ 08/19/19 03:52 PM

IMO you are communicating just fine; however, even with the limitations youíve stipulated, we (at least I) canít stop answering your questions as if those limitations werenít there. Other folk new to the forum may happen upon a thread here thinking
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Am I Failing to Communicate? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 08/19/19 03:30 PM

There is one situation I know of where I failed to listen and needed to be smacked upside the head with a clue-by-four. "Listen! He already told you how many rolls of Co-Flex that you need!" Other times I don't know what is going on. I hav
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: More on Bears and Firearms by hikermor @ 08/19/19 02:06 PM

It is worth noting that my two instances of firearm use occurred in essentially developed areas, not in the wild. Living currently in a placid SoCal urban neighborhood, I keep my firearms ready, but inconspicuous. Venturing into the outback, weight
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: More on Bears and Firearms by Phaedrus @ 08/19/19 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: hikermor "To carry or not to carry, that is the question.." Certainly we are in different situations which clearly require different preps. I spend more and more time on the northern Channel islands, mostly hunting
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle, NAro, brandtb), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
aakanksha, 9Line, SkiSoloII, KMNPack, NickChurick
5292 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Search for missing firefighters suspended
by chaosmagnet
Yesterday at 08:43 PM
More on Bears and Firearms
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 05:27 PM
How to die in the outdoors
by Herman30
Yesterday at 03:51 PM
Another lanyard/zipper pull tutorial
by TonyE
08/21/19 09:58 PM
Funny Photos
by Phaedrus
08/21/19 08:17 PM
Am I Failing to Communicate?
by Phaedrus
08/20/19 10:20 PM
Bug Out Bag Contents
by Jeanette_Isabelle
08/20/19 06:33 PM
Cell phone protection
by Tjin
08/20/19 08:13 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.