Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chaosmagnet's "modular" main emergency kit? by chaosmagnet @ 04/18/19 01:17 AM

Rather than trying to find a previous thread, I'll share the summary inventory as it exists now. Where I use "pocket" there's a dedicated pocket of the bag for this module. Where I use "module" there's a pouch or sub-bag inside.
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Hotel / Motel Security by UncleGoo @ 04/17/19 11:34 PM

Good stuff, there--my two cents: I'm partial to second-floor rooms: off of ground level, and low enough to jump to the ground. I prep the next day's clothes at bedtime, so all I have to do is climb into them, when it's time.
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Hotel / Motel Security by chaosmagnet @ 04/17/19 02:48 PM

I stay in hotels a lot. In 2018 I spent more nights in hotel rooms than I did at home, all in the USA and almost all in one specific hotel chain. This is very, very good advice, brantb. Having been through two hotel fires and several false alarms
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can't use it if you don't have it by albusgrammaticus @ 04/16/19 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Craig_Thompson The sole seemed like it was cracked and crumbling. I do not wear these shoes often. I read that this is an issue about polyurethane, the plastic material from which most modern boots and shoes are made. Poly
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Chaosmagnet's "modular" main emergency kit? by albusgrammaticus @ 04/16/19 12:27 PM

I seem to recall, from the years of lurking here on the forums, that our good sheriff chaosmagnet has a main emergency kit, divided in modules, each of them living in a separate bag to be put in his car when the need arises. A quick look with the se
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Hotel / Motel Security by brandtb @ 04/15/19 09:17 PM

I taught my kids - the first thing you do after checking into a hotel / motel - the ones that open onto an interior hall as opposed to opening out to the parking lot - is to walk out of your room and count the doorways to the fire stairwell. The rea
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Darn Tough Socks by Russ @ 04/15/19 03:01 PM

REI liner socks have a similar blend. Quote:Fabric 57% merino wool/41% nylon/2% spandex I wear REI liner socks under Smartwool as a routine in colder climates, not-so-much in SOCAL.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Darn Tough Socks by Montanero @ 04/15/19 01:23 PM

Smartwool has produced a sock that is very similar in composition to these. I have a couple of pair and they are much more durable than their normal socks.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Darn Tough Socks by Russ @ 04/15/19 04:39 AM

Darn Tough Micro Crew Cushion Hiking Socks Quote:Fabric 61% merino wool/36% nylon/3% Lycra spandex
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Russ), 260 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Claire, JHurley, Highwayman, Janysboy, FlyerOne
5279 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Basic Survival Skills that shouldn’t be complicate
by hikermor
02:37 AM
woggle
by TonyE
06:58 PM
Jess Roskelly presumed dead in BC avalanche
by dougwalkabout
04:15 PM
Bugout Practice
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03:07 PM
Chaosmagnet's "modular" main emergency kit?
by Phaedrus
02:04 AM
Customizing Your Medical Kit
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/20/19 06:50 PM
Earthh Shaking News
by hikermor
04/19/19 10:38 PM
New portable Solar charger
by haertig
04/18/19 03:52 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.