Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 04/14/21 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: M_a_xThe blanket statement probably has an implicit context. The person making the statement needs to make a real effort in being clear to the reader. Originally Posted By: M_a_xViewing it with a different context in mind is bo
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why building your own 72 hour bag is better... by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 04/14/21 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: TeacherROBuilding your own 72 hour pack has these advantages: 1. Almost always a better, bigger pack Bigger? Definitely. Better? That would depend on the definition of "better." Originally Posted By: TeacherRO2. You c
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why building your own 72 hour bag is better... by chaosmagnet @ 04/14/21 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: RenDo think it'd be convenient of could buy a kit of all the consumable or expiring usual items. Lighters, matches, tinders, water purification tablets, general medications, sunscreen, bug repellent, candles, wipes etc. Rescu
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by M_a_x @ 04/14/21 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleOriginally Posted By: M_a_xClaims need a defined context for meaning. What if a claim was made as a blanket statement? Jeanette Isabelle That does not make a difference. The blanket statement probably has an
The Survival Forum
Do think it'd be convenient of could buy a kit of all the consumable or expiring usual items. Lighters, matches, tinders, water purification tablets, general medications, sunscreen, bug repellent, candles, wipes etc. And leave the choice of packs,
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kits I've Built by hikermor @ 04/14/21 06:00 PM

When I became involved in SAR many years ago, I gradually began developing a backpack filled with goodies so that I could immediately respond to a situation. The urgency of the calls varied immensely - from "assemble tomorrow at 6 AM to continu
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kits I've Built by Ren @ 04/14/21 05:57 PM

Hiking kit built originally back when was a member of Ramblers Association over here. Also was the first aid guy for a conservation group, though the few rucksacks (equipped the same) were originally built by a predecessor. Just maintained. Were ne
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 04/14/21 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: M_a_xClaims need a defined context for meaning. What if a claim was made as a blanket statement? Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kits I've Built by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 04/14/21 05:16 PM

Slightly larger than a regular purse, my EDC bag, also known as my 24 Hour urban survival kit, had morphed into what it is today, starting from when I was a child. Except for when I visit with a neighbor, I have this kit on my person every time I lea
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why building your own 72 hour bag is better... by hikermor @ 04/14/21 04:59 PM

Excellent!! You can also easily prepare for more than 72 hours, now officially recommended, since substantive aid often doesn't arrive within 72 hours. Do I really have to think? That's hard....
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by M_a_x @ 04/14/21 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleIf we can't judge a kit or even a tool, such as a Swiss Army Knife or a Leatherman, by its functions then any claim or review is strictly meaningless. Jeanette Isabelle Claims need a defined context for meani
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Why building your own 72 hour bag is better... by TeacherRO @ 04/14/21 04:25 PM

Commercial kits are great - an easy solution for those who want a buy it and be done solution. But: Building your own 72 hour pack has these advantages: 1. Almost always a better, bigger pack 2. You can personalize the gear for your situation 3. Mos
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by Ren @ 04/14/21 04:13 PM

This thread reminded me of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MrSbAjFWEo It's a helicopter pilot recounting his experience with a "survival kit" plus lots of other gear and a spare 15 gallons of fuel. Also couple of videos of h
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kits I've Built by pforeman @ 04/14/21 02:41 PM

Very interesting and it makes me think... I've retired so the "get home" bag is slowly changing into a "bail out" bag which is a change in my thinking of what is needed and not needed in the "new" bag configuration. I'
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by Herman30 @ 04/14/21 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle If we can't judge a kit or even a tool, such as a Swiss Army Knife or a Leatherman, by its functions then any claim or review is strictly meaningless. You are right. All reviews are just one persons opinion/exp
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 04/14/21 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnetI don't agree with you here -- every kit, piece of gear, training class, and so on should be judged by the requirements of the person considering it. If we can't judge a kit or even a tool, such as a Swiss Army Knife
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Kits I've Built by chaosmagnet @ 04/14/21 02:27 PM

Another thread gave me an idea. I enjoy building kits of all kinds, both on-topic for this forum and very much off-topic. I thought I'd share with you the kinds of kits I've built. On Topic Kits: Comprehensive car kits -- there's one in my car
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 04/14/21 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: TjinProvide information about user skills and the functions you think that kit has. You are asking me to prove something but not ask the same of hikermor no matter how many times he has demonstrated his defiance? I'll be the one
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by chaosmagnet @ 04/14/21 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleUnless otherwise stated, a comparison of kits has to be judged on the functions of the kit, not the requirements of the potential user. I don't agree with you here -- every kit, piece of gear, training class, a
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 04/14/21 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: M_a_xThat is not correct. It depends on context. The functions of a kit always have to be judged on the requirements of a potential user. The user may be fictional. Without requirements and user profiles a valid comparison of ki
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by Tjin @ 04/14/21 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleOriginally Posted By: TjinOriginally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabellecan do everything the SEVENTY2 can do? Equipment doesn't do anything. In other words, the functions. Jeanette Isabelle Provide information ab
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 04/14/21 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: TjinOriginally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabellecan do everything the SEVENTY2 can do? Equipment doesn't do anything. In other words, the functions. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 04/14/21 12:12 PM

If your proposed kit can do everything the SEVENTY2 can do then show me. It's because of your refusal that I'm having to repeat myself. I don't understand this behavior of insisting on a claim and yet refuse to show me. If I were as confident about
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by M_a_x @ 04/14/21 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleUnless otherwise stated, a comparison of kits has to be judged on the functions of the kit, not the requirements of the potential user. Jeanette Isabelle That is not correct. It depends on context. The functi
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro by Tjin @ 04/14/21 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabellecan do everything the SEVENTY2 can do? Equipment doesn't do anything. It's a combination of the user and the equipment that can do something. If this kit is targeted at experienced people; well most can mak
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Tjin), 273 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
foundersfamily, wolffromwv, Fenbenlab, GaryF, PaulHarney
5338 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by haertig
10:08 PM
Far sighted or Foolish??
by brandtb
04/18/21 03:27 PM
Tornado season, Tornado preps
by pforeman
04/18/21 01:22 PM
Why building your own 72 hour bag is better...
by Herman30
04/18/21 05:05 AM
Comfort items in your kit
by haertig
04/17/21 11:10 PM
Mine vs. theirs - the Get Home Bag
by TeacherRO
04/17/21 10:43 PM
Youtube review of Seventy2 Pro
by M_a_x
04/15/21 11:31 AM
CB Radio. No, really.
by chaosmagnet
04/15/21 12:48 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.