Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#8809 - 09/01/02 01:33 PM HELP searching for knife sheath
Anonymous
Unregistered

Three years ago I was given a knife by one of my brothers. The reason: he lost the sheath for it and he told me I could have it because for him it became useless. <br><br>I made a sheath out of an old belt wrapped around around the knife and then taped it. It works fine only suddenly I became eager to look for the origional sheath. It just makes it look much better.<br><br><br>Description and Origin<br>The knife was purchased in Holland, I have no knowledge if avaliable here (GB) nor of its name (if it has a proper name) I did discover the name of the company and where it is stationed - "Linder Messer" Germany.<br>It's a fixed blade, blade alone being about 6" and has a full tang.<br> On the tang it got plastic plates with the tang running visible through the middle. The black plates cover about 3/4 of the handle the rest is metal. hundreds of diamond shapes are cut into the plastic plates for extra grip. It got two rivets to hold the plates on the tang. On one side of the handle it has a green emblem (diamond shaped) with (I think) the French sign of brotherhood.<br>There is a handguard on the lower side, shaped as a water drop. Just above the guard there is a ring wich stops the knife making a noise as it slides in the sheath. Above the ring the name of the company and origin is written.<br>There is only a small swag, about 1" and the point of the blade is above the centre line of the knife. As far as I know the blade is made from stainless steel. No part of the blade is serated.<br><br>I think the knife is quite popular with the Dutch scouts (please note, I'm not certain of this and so I don't want to give the Dutch scouts a bad reputation for carrying large knifes. I knew three people who owned the knife and were member of the Dutch scouts. Although they weren't issued by the club. ). <br><br>It is exactly the same model as the the Hitler Youth was given only instead of the French brotherhood emblem it had the swastica. Also on the blade was written (in german) Blood and Honour.<br><br>I hope any one can give me details where I can order a new sheath. Now that I just discovered the name on the blade I'll do a google internet search for them.<br>Thanx, Reinhardt<br>

Edited by reinhardt_woets (09/01/02 01:34 PM)

#8810 - 09/01/02 04:18 PM Re: HELP searching for knife sheath
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
From your description this has to be the Linder "Pfadfindermesser". It has a metal sheath. Linder only sell to retailers. So you have to go to a retailer to order it.<br>Just in case you haven´t found their link yet: www.linder.de

#8811 - 09/02/02 06:57 PM Re: HELP searching for knife sheath
Anonymous
Unregistered

No I didnt find the link myself so thanx a lot checking it now as I... type thanx (tell you the result later)

#8812 - 09/02/02 07:16 PM Re: HELP searching for knife sheath
Anonymous
Unregistered

M_a_x,<br>I looked under the subject "sheaths" and did not find any metal sheaths let alone the origional one, shame. Have you got any further ideas where I might find it? Any retailer?<br>thanx<br>Reinhardt

#8813 - 09/02/02 07:34 PM Re: HELP searching for knife sheath
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
Hi Reinhart,<br>You might have to look for the knife. When you got its order number, you could go to a knife shop and ask them to order a replacement sheath. I doubt that you can order it over the net. If you´re really desperate, you might try to contact Linder. If you´re lucky they might send you one or tell you where their nearest retailer is.<br>Max

#8814 - 09/04/02 09:23 PM Re: HELP searching for knife sheath
Anonymous
Unregistered

M-a_x<br>thanx, I'll go over to the site and look for the knife (common sense actually but common sense is uncommom these days). I'll let you know the results when I get them.<br>Reinhardt

#8815 - 09/05/02 06:44 PM Re: HELP searching for knife sheath
Anonymous
Unregistered

M_a_x,<br>I went over to the site and first I entered choosing english. After typing the name of the knife in German (Don't know the english I copied the name from your post) it didn't recognise it. I entered again this time choosing German. It did recognise it and came up with three similar knifes but not the same. I guess I'll just have to find a retailer.<br>Reinhardt

#8816 - 09/06/02 09:48 AM Re: HELP searching for knife sheath
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi reinhardt, <br><br>You may want to go to www.bladeforums.com and ask the folk there in the general forum. They are generally very helpful and will point you in the right direction I am sure. Otherwise I am sure that a custom knife maker will make you a nice sheath for it.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 316 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
bacpacjac
by Herman30
07/04/24 11:36 AM
Anoher rescue, this time of a well-prepared hiker
by Herman30
07/04/24 11:32 AM
How 5 Fishermen Survived...Carried a PLB!
by roberttheiii
07/02/24 02:51 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
07/02/24 01:45 AM
Lost in Northern California Mountains for 10 Days
by Ren
06/25/24 08:36 PM
Growing a Garden in 2024?
by Eugene
06/25/24 06:46 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/23/24 06:12 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by clearwater
06/12/24 11:25 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.