Would an MRE group buy be feasible?

Posted by: Malpaso

Would an MRE group buy be feasible? - 09/26/06 08:15 PM

I just read an excellent post on another forum where they did a group buy on www.meyerscustomsupply.com MREs and it cost them about $63/case of 12 including shipping. It would have to be regional or the reshipping would negate the savings. Thoughts?
Posted by: norad45

Re: Would an MRE group buy be feasible? - 09/27/06 01:55 PM

If it were not for the difficulty of reshipping that you mention, I would be interested. But $63 is not that much less than what they will be going for on Ebay in a couple of months when hurricane season is over.

I bit the bullet and bought 3 cases off Ebay last February. I plan to rotate them by eating one case per year (hunting, hiking, etc.) while replacing it with the current year's batch. They augment my canned food supply nicely.
Posted by: redflare

Re: Would an MRE group buy be feasible? - 09/28/06 08:22 AM

The problem with MREs is that they are bulky and heavy - a bad combination when shipping comes into the picture.
To make things worthwhile there needs to be at least a half-pallet purchase, and then no re-shipping involved.
Posted by: kd7fqd

Re: Would an MRE group buy be feasible? - 09/28/06 02:08 PM

Malpaso, go to www.beprepared.com they have good prices for groups my city placed an order with them (500 complete food and water kits) $45.00 ea. I had to go pick them up but they loaded my trailer worth the piece of mind it brings
Mike