SAS

Posted by: OldBaldGuy

SAS - 01/15/02 07:02 AM

I have read in several locations that the British SAS make a kind of "jungle hammock" using a hammock, bug net, and a tarp. If no trees are available the proper distance apart they make a sort of A-frame to support an end. Does anyone know just how this is done??? Something that will not unexpectedly slam you to the ground at oh dark thirty???
Posted by: billvann

Re: SAS - 01/15/02 05:15 PM

I would just make an "A" frame like the ones used to make monkey bridges. Check out a diagram on this site:<br><br>http://www.hurricanedistrict.org/pioneering.htm<br><br>BTW, this site now offers a PDF file version with all of the drawings. A great tool for scout troops looking for pioneering projects.
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: SAS - 01/16/02 03:53 PM

That might do it, thanks!!!
Posted by: Trusbx

Re: SAS - 01/17/02 04:35 AM

If you are intersted in a jungle hammock, may I recommend that you check out this site<br><br>www.hennessyhammock.com<br><br>I have one of their expedition models and it is GREAT. It is lightweight / bugproof and tons better than the canvas Vietnam era jungle hammock. It is also one of the cheapest bug proof hammocks around. I highly recommend it.<br><br>trusbx<br>Greetings from the FINE city (Singapore)