London Bridge Trading- opinions

Posted by: ironraven

London Bridge Trading- opinions - 12/12/05 01:04 AM

I know their stuff is supposed to be good, or at least comperable to Eagle and Blackhawk. But are they worth the extra? One of my collegues is freshly back from the Middle East, and he's selling off some gear, I was wondering if they were worth the extra money, or if they were just a lot of hoopla.
Posted by: Fox10

Re: London Bridge Trading- opinions - 12/12/05 01:14 PM

Ironraven,

I have always found the stuff from London Bridge to be good quality. The fire starter kit at the top of my CamelBak H.A.W.G. is in a pen flare pouch made by London Bridge. I also have a small EOD leg pouch from them that has made an ideal tool pouch for my BOB. It's some of there more unique stuff that I get from them.

Fox10
Posted by: Malpaso

Re: London Bridge Trading- opinions - 12/12/05 06:57 PM

This is the first I'd heard of them, so I checked out their web site. Looks like everything says "call for pricing". Maybe it's just me, but I find that very annoying.
Posted by: readyone

Re: London Bridge Trading- opinions - 12/14/05 12:05 AM

Fox10,

I received your book yesterday (Build the Perfect Survival Kit) and I have not been able to get away from it. Everytime I go to something else I get to thinking about this and that and grab your book and "look it up". I have toyed with different survival kits for some time now and your book has provided me with more things to ponder.

I was reviewing the makeup of the large Camelbak backpack and got to researching the pouches that you referred too in the book, and your previous post. Could you please tell me what model the London Bridge pouch was and the "five" small pouches from Blackhawk. I cannot seem to find them on the Blackhawk or London Bridge websites. They appear to fit the Camelbak very well and I need some more options for external compartment configurations.

Have you had a chance to break in your Maxpedition Jumbo Fatboy? I am also considering it and I am looking for opinions. I already have a Maxpedition Devildog. I really like the Devildog but it does not carry well on the waist when fully loaded because there is no shoulder support for it (equals back ache). I would like to see Maxpedition develop some type of shoulder strap system for better support.

Thanks again for the Great book and I am looking forward to reading it cover to cover for some fresh ideas.

ONE DAY CLOSER