Been away for a while. What did I miss?

Posted by: MartinFocazio

Been away for a while. What did I miss? - 09/22/14 05:11 PM

Well hello there folks!

I've been immersed in many other things and have not been around for a long while. What's new?
Posted by: Arney

Re: Been away for a while. What did I miss? - 09/22/14 05:21 PM

Welcome back, Martin! Did you bring us any presents? smile
Posted by: Blast

Re: Been away for a while. What did I miss? - 09/23/14 12:00 AM

Not a whole lot...which is kind of nice. grin
-Blast
Posted by: MoBOB

Re: Been away for a while. What did I miss? - 09/23/14 05:02 AM

I finished my second master's degree and I am closing in on the 5th month of a home renovation - a complete one-man operation. How 'bout you?
Posted by: MartinFocazio

Re: Been away for a while. What did I miss? - 09/23/14 01:11 PM

Presents? I managed to smuggle in some Kinder Surprise candy home on my last trip, but my kids ate them already.

As far as "information presents" I have a long list of "Travel Tips for the Paranoid Traveller" that I'm thinking about.

I was in England last week when chunks of the cement ceiling at Kings Cross station fell in - that was kind of exciting, but mostly because I got to walk to the office and saw stuff I'd never seen before.

Anyway, it's good to be back, hope to participate actively again.
Posted by: Herman30

Re: Been away for a while. What did I miss? - 09/24/14 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: MartinFocazio
I was in England at Kings Cross station

grin Did you see platform 9 3/4.

https://www.google.fi/search?q=kings+cross+harry+potter&client=firefox-a&hs=sw3&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&biw=1112&bih=602&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=hXkiVMyLLqvnywOPooCIDQ&ved=0CCQQsAQ
Posted by: bws48

Re: Been away for a while. What did I miss? - 09/24/14 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: MartinFocazio

As far as "information presents" I have a long list of "Travel Tips for the Paranoid Traveller" that I'm thinking about.

If I have a vote, its a strong "yes, post them!" I think it would be a great topic.

Last month when I got off the plane at terminal 1 at JFK airport and got to the immigration stadium, I paused. The mass of humanity from every point in the world crushed shoulder to shoulder stopped me cold. (For those not familiar with it, Terminal 1 at JFK serves 20 different airlines whose flights originate in almost every part of the world.)

Despite years on this forum, I was totally un-prepared except for a couple of hand sanitizer wipes in my pocket.
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Been away for a while. What did I miss? - 09/24/14 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: bws48

If I have a vote, its a strong "yes, post them!" I think it would be a great topic.

+1
Posted by: Pete

Re: Been away for a while. What did I miss? - 09/25/14 03:19 AM

not much ...

the world collapsed
so this forum moved to Mars
the air is kinda' thin and there's not a lot of restaurants, bars and women ...

but other than that - doin' OK. :-)

welcome back,
Pete
Posted by: leemann

Re: Been away for a while. What did I miss? - 09/27/14 02:40 AM

My gall bladder went south, surgery went well recovering nicely.

Welcome back too.
Lee