My driveway so far

Posted by: Todd W

My driveway so far - 12/26/08 11:32 PM

My driveway so far this winter.

Re: My driveway so far - 12/26/08 11:34 PM

Spin - This was the day after the first storm, much deeper than the bottom driveway shot..

Bottom-o-Driveway - This was a week (approx.) later, and many vehicles had gone up/down my driveway and gotten it down to dirt and then it rained two days.

We still have about 1ft to 2ft in the shade of snow...

Posted by: Blast

Re: My driveway so far - 12/27/08 12:49 AM

I'd show you a picture of my driveway but I think the big hibiscus bush covered in gorgeous red blossoms would make you cry. wink

Nope, I don't miss snow one little bit at all!

-Blast
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: My driveway so far - 12/27/08 01:09 AM

If it looks like our "driveway" is gonna turn white, we just hook up and move south! Brrrrr
Posted by: GarlyDog

Re: My driveway so far - 12/27/08 02:02 AM

I feel your pain.

Re: My driveway so far - 12/27/08 02:44 AM

Warn Plow system for my Polaris Sportsman on order, and arriving on Monday smile I`m getting ready for the next big one. My truck came from the factory/dealership with 35" tires and the original storm + plow truck made it near impossible to "BUST" into my driveway... next storm that rolls in I`ll be ready!!! Not to mention I can have a clear walkway to the house and garage wink

I`m excited to live where the seasons change now... next week they are calling for some high 40* days so a lot may melt off. We will see.
Posted by: SwampDonkey

Re: My driveway so far - 12/28/08 04:33 AM

Looks all too familar to me Todd.

We had about 2 feet of snow but it rained all day today and it settled a lot. My driveway will be like a skating rink tomorrow when the temp drops.

Mike
Posted by: Nishnabotna

Re: My driveway so far - 12/28/08 12:19 PM

You might think about a small tractor with a blade, like an old ford, rather than a pick up system. Might be more versatile in the end, depending on what you want to do on your land.

Re: My driveway so far - 12/29/08 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Nishnabotna
You might think about a small tractor with a blade, like an old ford, rather than a pick up system. Might be more versatile in the end, depending on what you want to do on your land.

I hope within 1-2 years I can afford a 45-60hp 4x4 Tractor smile But, as it is now my Quad/ATV (4x4) will be used for plowing duties. I got a small (48") system so I can do paths to the garage, cars, etc too.

Down to about a foot now, rained a bit and in the 40s during the day lately.
Posted by: RayW

Re: My driveway so far - 12/30/08 12:22 AM

After you get your tractor you won't know how you ever got along without it. And in that horse power range you should be able to get a front bucket/attachment point that will take skidsteer implements. They make all kinds of toys, er, tools that will make life easier.
Posted by: Nishnabotna

Re: My driveway so far - 12/30/08 12:47 AM

Nah, it sounds like he needs to hang out around auctions. Around here, you can get a 50 year old tractor that run great for $2000 or under.

Re: My driveway so far - 12/30/08 01:03 AM

We rented a 45hp New Holland with backhoe it was great, after half day I learned to use the loader and didn't even need the backhoe to rip-apart the dirt/wood piles I was moving.

For now I`d like one with the large/big bucket, and a box scraper smile But for a 5-6yr old one like I rented it's 15-20k frown No time soon.
Posted by: GarlyDog

Re: My driveway so far - 12/30/08 02:03 AM

I would love a backhoe too. I have been waiting for one to show up cheap here:

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions/
Posted by: Desperado

Re: My driveway so far - 12/30/08 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: GarlyDog
I would love a backhoe too. I have been waiting for one to show up cheap here:

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions/

Start watching the equipment companies and the financial lenders thereof. MANY small to medium contractors are finding it too difficult to maintain the monthly payments for their equipment and are down sizing or flat failing. You would be shocked at the deals out there right now.

Re: My driveway so far - 12/30/08 03:10 AM

If we didn't just buy a house... darn! L O L

Someday.
Posted by: Mike_in_NKY

Re: My driveway so far - 12/30/08 07:13 PM

Boat = hole in water to put money into!

House = hole in land to put money into!

Todd, good luck on the house updates. We moved this summer but most of our changes are cosmetic rather than repair issues. Can take our time and do it as money permits.