Flying the flag

Posted by: KG2V

Flying the flag - 09/11/08 10:04 AM

Despite a slight broken flag holder, I have a flag flying at home today, and the one hanging on the wall at the office has the black crepe stripe

That said, anyone else here tend to fly "oddball" US flags? The office flag is a "standard" 50 star flag

At home, over the years I've flow a 50 star, a 48, a Bennington (that's the one with the 76), a Gadsdon (yellow flag, snake, and don't tread on me - it was a US flag, so still is), and currently a Betsy Ross
Posted by: MartinFocazio

Re: Flying the flag - 09/11/08 11:56 AM

I deleted this. PM if you wanted to know what was here.
Posted by: Nishnabotna

Re: Flying the flag - 09/11/08 12:23 PM

Hmm, Martin's even got to moderate himself now. Sign of the times.
I've just got a regular run of the mill flag here. Never thought of flying anything else. Well, besides the skull and crossbones. But that's a different story.
Posted by: Jeff_M

Re: Flying the flag - 09/11/08 12:26 PM

I've flown the 50 star and the Gadsden flag ever since I was deployed to the WTC after 9/11.

Jeff
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Flying the flag - 09/11/08 01:54 PM

Just a high quality 50 star version of Old Glory. It travels with us everywhere, and, weather permitting, sits alongside of our home on wheels, illuminated at night by the "scare" light, also functioning as a weather vane on our home made PVC pole...
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Flying the flag - 09/11/08 02:43 PM

I have to get a new flag and mounting system for flying the flag at home.

When I go car camping, I always take a flag pole and flag (50 stars). I stand it up in camp with guide wires. It is the last thing to be packed when I break camp.
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Flying the flag - 09/11/08 03:20 PM

"...car camping, I always take a flag pole and flag (50 stars). I stand it up in camp with guide wires..."

If you want instructions for making the flagpole/weathervane, let me know. Not real high in the sky, but no guys needed either...
Posted by: Themalemutekid

Re: Flying the flag - 09/11/08 05:51 PM

Hey martin, I read your post on Facebook.....I totally agree...
Posted by: TheSock

Re: Flying the flag - 09/12/08 04:16 AM

CSA naval jack (what most people think is the Confederte flag) and 1862 USA one on the conservatory walls.
The Sock
Posted by: kd7fqd

Re: Flying the flag - 09/12/08 04:25 AM

50 star "Old Glory" for me on a 15' pole that DS and I planted (18" of concrete 24" in dia) as part of his Duty to God (Church) and his Citizenship Merit Badge

Mike
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: Flying the flag - 09/12/08 05:34 AM

I have a sewn 48 star USN flag that flew from the Battleship Arizona in the 1930s.
Posted by: BillLiptak

Re: Flying the flag - 09/12/08 12:57 PM

Just the jolly roger for me, way back in my punk days. Or should I say "when I wore my punk on my sleeves so everyone could see"

-Bill Liptak
Posted by: DesertFox

Re: Flying the flag - 09/12/08 04:40 PM

The 50 star Old Glory hangs outside our front door almost every day. Every once in a while, I will hoist Robert E. Lee's headquarters flag, just to see if anyone can figure it out.
Posted by: NeighborBill

Re: Flying the flag - 09/13/08 10:34 PM

Union Jack, back in my "punk" days.
Posted by: Air_Pirate

Re: Flying the flag - 09/17/08 09:32 PM

I fly a flag that flew in a C-130 over Bahgdad during the early days of the war and a red flag of no quarter skull and crossbones.
Posted by: Leigh_Ratcliffe

Re: Flying the flag - 09/19/08 05:33 PM

Cross of St George.

Being a Pukka Englishman and all that.
Posted by: benjammin

Re: Flying the flag - 09/19/08 08:17 PM

After today, I am about ready to Hoist the Jolly Roger me-self. Har...
Posted by: TheSock

Re: Flying the flag - 09/19/08 08:55 PM

Keep em comin benajammin!
The Sock