Pictures from the front

Posted by: Taurus

Pictures from the front - 03/15/08 07:05 AM

Sorry these are so big but photobucket is really p*****g me off.

Blast. I know you like explosions so here are a few good ones.

I wish I could put up more but for obvious reasons I have to be careful about what gets posted.

[img][IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/zazabu531/cbta01a9.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/zazabu531/cbta01a11.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/zazabu531/cbta01a5.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/zazabu531/cbta01a.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/zazabu531/cbta01a2.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/zazabu531/cbta01a3.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/zazabu531/cbta01a8.jpg[/img][/img] [img][IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/zazabu531/cbta01a6.jpg[/img][/img]
Posted by: Nishnabotna

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/15/08 10:43 AM

Are those explosions your work?
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/15/08 01:24 PM

Nice booms.

Looks like one of the kids thinks that you are number one...
Posted by: Blitz

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/15/08 01:49 PM

Great Pics Taurus,

Stay safe there and thank you for your service, Sir.

Blitz
Posted by: MDinana

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/15/08 01:59 PM

I love it!

Keep safe, get back soon.
Posted by: climberslacker

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/15/08 02:22 PM

Stay safe!! I like the booms (hey im a 13 year old guy, what do u expect??) And the kids! Looks like theres only a little bit of dust!! J/K Oh yeah and thanks for helping our country! I really appreciate it!! That way I don't have to learn Iraqi!!
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/15/08 02:59 PM

That was a nice sized ammo cache y'all blew. Thanks for the pics and for y'all's help/service.

Semper Paratus (Always Ready-USCG motto).

Posted by: Frankie

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/15/08 04:07 PM

It looks like you're playing cat and mouse with some Talibans...

Thank you for your service and stay safe.

Frankie
Posted by: loner5667

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/15/08 04:12 PM

I especially like the big green RV.... grin. Does it come with a satalite dish....?

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/15/08 09:21 PM

I haven't ever seen or met a Canadian who couldn't go to "Bad**s" mode when called upon by circumstances.

I actually miss working with the Canadian Coast Guard as I used to be able to upon occasion.

Usually when we asked them to come bail us out of a situation!!!!

May God save the Queen!!!!
Posted by: bigmothertrucker

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/17/08 12:02 AM

Quote:
I never knew Canadians could look so badarse. Lol

You know....................... We did boot your American asses and send you packing back across Canadian boarders once upon a time. Back in 1812 I believe.

as the saying goes. Its not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the fight in the dog.

Awsome pics M. How do like that dust? ha ha

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/17/08 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: bigmothertrucker
Quote:
I never knew Canadians could look so badarse. Lol

You know....................... We did boot your American asses and send you packing back across Canadian boarders once upon a time. Back in 1812 I believe.

I hate to say it, but I think it was more than once. French-Indian war back in the mid 1700's as well. I believe that some of the Rev. War battles were pretty close to, if not in, Canada as well.

Notice we stopped going up north and moved south after 1812...

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/17/08 12:36 AM

"...we stopped going up north..."

Probably 'cuz they have a lot of the dreaded white stuff up there..
Posted by: Blast

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/17/08 12:24 PM

Taurs,

Great pics, they remind me of my 2000 New Year's Eve party (thank God my neighbor is a cop)!

Hey, let me know if there's anything y'all want while you are over there and also directions on how to send it to you. Maybe it's my imagination but it seems a lot of the "supplies to soldiers" programs have dried up. I have a bunch of DVD's and books I could send if you guys want some entertainment, but if there's other stuff you need I'll do what I can. I'm sure others here would also love to help you guys out.

With deep thanks and huge appreciation,
-Blast

p.s. Any chance you could get me some detcord?

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/17/08 02:16 PM

I second Blast's remarks about supplies/care packages! Bo
Posted by: CJK

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 12:34 AM

What happened soldier???? It just went 'poof' sir!

Stay safe.

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Blast
Taurs,

DW: What's that on the cat, honey?
Blast: Oh, nothing dear. I just made a new collar out of "paracord" for our dear kitten...
Posted by: Hikin_Jim

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: MDinana
Taurs,

DW: What's that on the cat, honey?
Blast: Oh, nothing dear. I just made a new collar out of "paracord" for our dear kitten...

Dude, you practically made me pee in my pants. That is stinkin' funny!

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 02:17 AM

"...could get me some detcord?..."

Can I have some too? Got this old RR tie I need to cut in half...

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 03:05 PM

-Blast

ha. Careful what you ask for. This guy is crazy enough to try and send it to you.

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 03:54 PM

Quote:
ha. Careful what you ask for. This guy is crazy enough to try and send it to you.

In that case,

Dear Santa Taurus, I've been a very good boy this year. I've taught my 4-yr old DD1 firearm safety and haven't killed my wife's cat. In light of this could you please bring me the following stuff for St. Barbara's Day?
1. 50 meters of detcord
2. 5 kg of C4
3. 1 case of detonators
4. 4 cases of inciderary charges
5. 3 AK-47s (one for me, DW and DD1)
6. 30,000 rounds of ammo
7. 6 Claymore mines
8. 2 .50 rifles (any make/model, automatic prefered)
9. 2,000 rounds of ammo (20,000 rounds if automatic)
10. an Easy-Bake Oven

I promise I won't put my eye out or anything like that and I'll share the yummy cakes I make with my wife and kids!
Your friend,
-Blast

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 04:24 PM

to your list we will need to add.

1 roll of deta sheet (sheet explosive)
10 linear cutting charges
10 40 lb bee hives
10 jugs of trigran
assorted rail/conical charges
some fixor binary liquid explosives
shock tube
and maybe some of the new 400 gr det cord we have in service. That should keep you occupied for a while.

If you wrap one side of your cat in sheet explosive and press him against a sheet of metal befor detonation you will have some very cool conceptual art to use as a conversation piece.

We can always use a guy with your obvious joy of blowing the crap out of stuff for no apparent reason. If you are ever board of your current job give us a call up here in the north. ha ha there is no shortage of work for guys with such talent in todays world sadly.

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 04:35 PM

BMT,

It's tempting. Let's see where the economy goes...

As for getting bored with my job, that's unlikely. The 10lb package of powdered aluminum I ordered just showed up. whistle I'm supposed to find a way to polymer-coat the stuff to delay it's reactivity. I suspect this will take a lot of testing, probably end up using 50-100 pounds of the aluminum before the project is completed.

-Blast

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 04:48 PM

Quote:
powdered aluminum

Nice. a little thermite in the making I imagine. ha ha

the effect of a properly placed thermite grenade will NEVER cease to amaze me.

Good luck with the project

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 06:34 PM

Nighthiker,

Did they make a special punch for it?

Man, I now need to go blow something up. It's been almost three days since I smelled gunpowder...

-Blast
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 06:47 PM

Sounds like the start of a new blog:

blastingtheborderlands.blogspot.com

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 06:52 PM

Quote:
Man, I now need to go blow something up. It's been almost three days since I smelled gunpowder...

Its so cool that a guy hundreds of miles away who I have never met can have so much in common. The next time we train in Texas, hopefully after T gets home, We will have to look you up.

There is no precedent to the damage that could result from that union of evil. ha ha

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 07:40 PM

You set the date, I'll get the Burn-Gel, and the 4 million citizen of Houston will go, "Wow, what was that noise?!"

-Blast

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 08:44 PM

Powdered sugar?! mad

Some of my chemist friends and I had a similar St. Barbara's Day punch except it used pinches of salt peter, charcoal, sulfur, assorted alcohols, a dash of hydrogen peroxide, a bit of silicon grease, vinegar, and several finger-sized peices of burned beef... It was ignited with a red-hot poker then doused with CO2 fire extinguisher. However, there wasn't much of a ritual in the mixing other than a lot of shouting "Blood! Fire! Boom!" over and over...

-Blast

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 08:57 PM

Quote:
Houston will go, "Wow, what was that noise?!"

ha ha, as well as

what was that flash?

where is all the screaming coming from?

why is that guy on fire?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT POOR CAT?

Its cool you and Nighthiker also celebrate Saint Barbaras day. In my circles she is also the patron saint of the Engineers. I imagine GUY FAWKES night is a big event in the nighthiker or balst homestead as well.

Man... ...the trouble we got into last Guy fawkes night........

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 10:08 PM

If you are within several hundred miles of 29 Palms you are gonna have all the natural dust you will ever need!!!
Posted by: Taurus

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 11:02 PM

BLAST- the care pack offer is one of the nicest this things I have ever heard from a guy I have never even met. Same applies to you WILDMAN800, the offer alone makes me smile knowing there actually are good people left in the world. I could never impose on that kind of generosity though. The Canadian public so far has been really good and we get stuff sent from time to time from businesses, organizations, schools or complete strangers. It really is top shelf support that we get from home. Our Military may be small but it is a tight family. The loss of a single guy is enough to make national headlines. Sadly, we lost one hell of a great guy recently. I don’t know how many more ramp ceremonies I can handle. I am only here on a TAV(TACTICAL ASSISTANCE VISIT) to replace a guy who was injured very badly. Once the next roto switches over I will be home. Then I start training to come back for 9 more months in 09. frown

I may go to jail if I send you the things on your list, but we actually travel down your way to do simulated desert training every year. I may not be able to get you det cord but believe or not we could make shock tube and I could show you how to make detonators with a BIC pen. With You being a chemist and me having a fair grasp on all things related to explosives we should be able to make local headlines.(lol)

CLIMBERSLACKER – Glad you liked the pics. I had no idea you were only 13 dude. You seem to have the level head and skill/experience of a guy twice your age. I got seasoned soldiers here who wouldn’t know what a fire piston was if you slapped them in the face with one. Ever consider a career as a soldier? You appear to have the right mindset. As for the dust, it is KILLER. There is no escape from the dammed stuff. It’s fine like foot powder and gets into everything including food. I will take snow any day over dust.

BIGMOTHERTRUCKER- finally made it here eh? I know you told me over MSN that you joined but I couldn’t believe it. I see you are just as political and diplomatic on the forum as you are in real life. You are either making friends here or everyone hates you already. (lol) take care bro, see you soon you loudmouth.

For NIGHTHIKER, MDinana, OBG, IZZY and everyone else, thank you for all the kind words folks. Means a lot.

take care
Posted by: rescueguru

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/18/08 11:08 PM

May I add the following to the wish list:
500lbs. of ANFO
10 1lb Cast boosters
1 box of electric caps
2000' of twin lead
1 "hell" box
and 1 large roll of detcord,'cause I guess I need to cut the trees before I blow the stumps. grin
Posted by: kd7fqd

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/19/08 01:16 AM

and 1 large roll of detcord,'cause I guess I need to cut the trees before I blow the stumps. grin
[/quote]

Why? trees make louder boom when the whole thing falls over

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/19/08 02:31 AM

Man, you guys plan on blowing stuff up, I just want a little C-4 to heat my coffee with...
Posted by: climberslacker

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/19/08 03:52 AM

1 can of dust off
1 package of party baloons

(just trust me on this, ok?)

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/19/08 11:40 AM

Quote:
1 can of dust off
1 package of party baloons

(just trust me on this, ok?)

LOL!! Damn, you are one fine dude!

-Blast
Posted by: Johno

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/19/08 04:40 PM

Taurus, I know how you feel about the repatriation services, I had to see off a good mate of mine in Bosnia. EOD boy like yourself. Stay safe mate and keep the pics coming. Reminds me I used to be an active soldier.
If that sounds a bit funny, family circumstance has stopped me from going on Ops since 99.

I would like to be where you are just once more before I get my papers.

Johno
Posted by: Dan_McI

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/19/08 05:13 PM

This is not related to Taurus' post, but a comment about sending care packages. If you want to send something to Taurus, by all means I will not discourage anyone one bit. I'll help. I have no idea if there is anything like it available for those from nations besides the U.S. who serve, but there is at least one site for those serving from the U.S. of soldiers, sailors, marines, airman, etc. basically asking for care packages. I've gone to and used this site, and sent care packages to some who were serving. DW and I have sent a number of boxes. Most recently, we've sent stuff to a unit in the 10th Mountain Division. The site is http://anysoldier.com/

If the Canadians and other nations do not have sites like this, they should create them.

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/19/08 08:41 PM

US Postal has cardboard boxes for $8. That covers whatever you can squeeze into them.

Did a fundraiser for troops last year, probably sent about 15 boxes. Literally, they were football shaped, and had to be taped shut with packing tape, but they still only cost $8!

Re: Pictures from the front - 03/20/08 02:25 AM

Quote:

Thanks!

-Blast