oh man. I am sick with serious cold / flu

Posted by: picard120

oh man. I am sick with serious cold / flu - 11/29/07 12:00 AM

I am sick with cold or flu. I threw up in the car while driving home. my head feels dizzy and I can't walk to the washroom to drink water.

What medication do you take when you have serious cold / flu?
What cold meds did your doctor prescribed for you?
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: oh man. I am sick with serious cold / flu - 11/29/07 12:37 AM

Hi Picard,

Hope its not a man cold.

Re: oh man. I am sick with serious cold / flu - 11/29/07 09:22 PM

dam. I didn't know there is a name for my cold problem. I can calll it man cold now.
Posted by: Russ

Re: oh man. I am sick with serious cold / flu - 11/29/07 10:02 PM

Just deal with it you poor little bunny smirk too funny
Posted by: Eugene

Re: oh man. I am sick with serious cold / flu - 11/29/07 11:01 PM

I brought home a cold from the office last week and both kids got it. Always makes me think, what if I'm ever faced with a situation and am sick, would make it much harder to function at 100%.
Posted by: Roarmeister

Re: oh man. I am sick with serious cold / flu - 11/29/07 11:07 PM

Kleenex in every room and hot showers 2x a day.
Neo-citran mixed with tea/honey and lots of rest.
Posted by: bsmith

Re: oh man. I am sick with serious cold / flu - 11/30/07 02:19 AM

not to worry, you'll be better in 14 days....or two weeks, whichever comes first.

bsmith

Re: oh man. I am sick with serious cold / flu - 11/30/07 03:26 AM

Does neo-citran really work? I thought it is just a gimmick product.
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: oh man. I am sick with serious cold / flu - 11/30/07 01:04 PM

My wife swears by those Zicam thingies. Little q-tip like gizmos that you run around the inside of your nose...
Posted by: Roarmeister

Re: oh man. I am sick with serious cold / flu - 12/01/07 12:31 AM

Actually it's quite potent (for me anyways). I only use 1/2 a packet. The gimmick products are echinacea and Cold F/X, IMHO.

Cough & Sinus version--
Medicinal Ingredients: acetaminophen 650 mg, phenylephrine hydrochloride 10 mg.
Non-medicinal Ingredients: Acesulfame K, calcium phosphate, citric acid, D & C yellow No. 10, FD & C yellow No. 6, flavours, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, sodium citrate, sucrose.

The acetaminophen is no big deal (Tylenol), it helps with the sinus headache I often get. The phenylephrine hydrochloride, however, can make me feel nervous, hence only 1/2 dose. The tea helps to hydrate me, the honey soothes the sore throat (nature's medicine is the best!) and being hot it just warms me up and then drowsey - perfect for bedtime. Some people have suggested that adding a little rum or something may make it more interesting. laugh

BTW, if you take all the medication in the world, you will get over your cold in 6.5-10 days. If you take NO medicine, you will get over it in 7-10 days. Rest and hydration is the cure.
Posted by: bsmith

Re: oh man. I am sick with serious cold / flu - 12/01/07 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Roarmeister

BTW, if you take all the medication in the world, you will get over your cold in 6.5-10 days. If you take NO medicine, you will get over it in 7-10 days. Rest and hydration is the cure.

see above post re:

and you'll get better in two weeks, or 14 days, whichever comes sooner.

bsmith