Wow, the ol Photon II likes new batteries!

Posted by: duckear

Wow, the ol Photon II likes new batteries! - 09/05/07 02:47 AM

It rides on my keychain. Seemed a bit dim, so new batteries tonight. I forgot just how bright it really is!!!!!

Posted by: jamesraykenney

Re: Wow, the ol Photon II likes new batteries! - 09/05/07 04:24 AM

The new ones are twice as bright at the same consumption, and they are getting ready to release new ones that are twice as bright again!!!
So 4 times as bright, will the new ones be.[end Yoda grammar]
Posted by: Paul810

Re: Wow, the ol Photon II likes new batteries! - 09/05/07 02:30 PM

It's amazing how fast LED technology is progressing. It seems every year they can make them a little brighter while using the same or less battery power.
Posted by: teacher

Re: Wow, the ol Photon II likes new batteries! - 09/05/07 06:29 PM

New photons...? When? Where?
Posted by: Themalemutekid

Re: Wow, the ol Photon II likes new batteries! - 09/05/07 06:31 PM

Photons are the best...everyone should carry one.
Posted by: jamesraykenney

Re: Wow, the ol Photon II likes new batteries! - 09/05/07 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: teacher

Look down half way here...
http://www.equipped.org/ORSummer2007.htm
Posted by: xbanker

Re: Wow, the ol Photon II likes new batteries! - 09/07/07 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: teacher

I e-mailed PhotonLight after reading Doug's write-up, hoping to confirm a September release, and to see if/how the new models will be designated to distinguish from current stock.

Rudy, who responded, kindly consented to having his reply posted here on the forum:

"Dan, the whites will be upgraded in the Photon 2's and Freedoms only. We have not been given an ETA on these so your guess is as good as ours. Sometimes the projected release date is often quite unpredictable. LRI, the manufacturer, has not given us any new info at this date. Photonlight.com intends on only selling the newer model once we've sold out of the original 2X models to hopefully save any confusion if the new models are not designated. Thank you."