Every Day Carry of duct tape - 09/19/11 04:04 PM

Never thought of this...useful way to carry .3 meters of duct tape

New duct tape carry
Posted by: comms

Re: Every Day Carry of duct tape - 09/19/11 05:31 PM

ITS is a great website
Posted by: Susan

Re: Every Day Carry of duct tape - 09/19/11 06:30 PM

Very clever! After all, when you need it, you usually just need a few inches.

Thanks, Teach!

Sue
Posted by: Tyber

Re: Every Day Carry of duct tape - 09/19/11 06:34 PM

I go with an expired Cedit card or a hotel key credit card and wrap both black tape and duck tape around them smile
Posted by: tomfaranda

Re: Every Day Carry of duct tape - 09/20/11 01:51 AM

I agree with the credit card wrap-around. Much more sensible.
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: Every Day Carry of duct tape - 09/20/11 01:53 PM

I wrap an old CC, but sometimes I use the plastic from clamshell packages that stuff ships in. The advantage of that is no personal info on it and I can make a "pocket" by using two layers. But for EDC this is probably a bit large. Not at all keyring sized.
Posted by: Aussie

Re: Every Day Carry of duct tape - 09/21/11 02:08 AM

I’ve done something akin to the collapsed roll.

-I started with a sheet of stickers, as used in a laser printer (I regularly use these, but you could use something else)
-Once I’d removed the stickers I was left with a sheet of “paper” which has a shiny size where the stickers were attached.
-I wrapped the paper around a round handle and cut the paper roughly to size. I used a tiny piece of tape to hold it in place.
-Then I removed a section of tape from the roll and carefully wrapped it around the sticker paper (still on the handle)
-Then I slid the paper with tape off the handle, trimmed it again and easily squashed it flat.

This way I don’t need to tie up a card with tape and the tape is usable right to the last cm.
Posted by: Richlacal

Re: Every Day Carry of duct tape - 09/21/11 03:17 AM

Good Ducttape is sticky,& that adhesive is going to move around before too long,even wrapped up in cellophane or foil.If you set it into a tube of sorts,how easy will it be to extract?The creditcard idea is Very practical,I carry mine this way in 2"x3" mylar bags.The added benefit of having your name/info on the cards,could aid in SAR efforts on the + side or even CSI if you were ambushed/hijacked by Banjo playing zombies or something.