condoms

Posted by: mick

condoms - 09/28/02 02:59 PM

Can you use condoms with the lubricant as water carriers, or do they have to be unlubricated?
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: condoms - 09/28/02 04:04 PM

unlubricated always

Re: condoms - 09/28/02 04:17 PM

Thanks for the reply Chris.<br>I asked because I once saw a program where the people were put through survival training and the ditched for a year off the coast of scotland and one of them said it didn't matter if it was lubricated or not.<br>Thanks again
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: condoms - 09/28/02 09:21 PM

Mick, Condom lubricate is usually glycerin. My experience is that it makes for slippery handling and attracts fine particulate contaminates. Every reference I've read recommends non lubricated.

Re: condoms - 09/28/02 09:27 PM

Thanks for the reply Chris
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: condoms - 09/29/02 08:52 PM

SO WHERE CAN YOU GET NON-LUBRICATED ONES?(sorry bout caps)

Re: condoms - 09/29/02 11:01 PM

I've never seen them for sale across here, and I have checked a lot of condom counters, all in the interest of outdoor survival of course!<br><br>Justin
Posted by: Trusbx

Re: condoms - 09/30/02 03:31 AM

In my part of the world there is no such thing as an unlubricated condom. You would have to order them over the internet if you really can't find them.<br>Anyway, there are lots of other solution to a water container which can be packed into a PSK - folded oven bags, baby milk bags like in Doug's review, or for those in South East Asia, drink carrier plastic bags. - take away drinks from the local coffee stalls come in these 2-3mil bags with carrier handles which can hold 700-800 ml of fluid and can be tied off with the carrier handles. I include 2 of these in my PSK.<br>Darn useful - can also be used to ferry hot liquids or (for the larger bags ) take away noodle soup!!<br><br>

Re: condoms - 09/30/02 01:43 PM

Those sound like really useful items. Is there any chance that you know where they can be purchased by those of us not living in east asia?<br><br>