How do I become a Survival Instructor

Posted by: BruceZed

How do I become a Survival Instructor - 09/28/09 02:22 PM

Last night I finished off a short article on the process of becoming a Survival Instructor. Have a read I think many of you many enjoy the article and I hope it will inspire a few future instructors to begin the "Long and Windy Road".

How do I become a Professional Survival Instructor
Posted by: comms

Re: How do I become a Survival Instructor - 09/28/09 03:28 PM

Actually a fairly engaging article. I couldn't agree more about it being a business and treat it as such. I think far to often people forget that a business is in business for a profit.
Posted by: MoBOB

Re: How do I become a Survival Instructor - 09/28/09 05:11 PM

BZ,

A nice succinct article. The fact you mentioned getting a broad range of experiences is vital and often overlooked. Of course, practicing all the time is just as crucial. I have suffered under the teaching of people that may have been experts in their field but they were lousy in the classroom. I would add something to the article in general: seek out professionals in every area of the business you need. Accounting, advertising, instructional designers (I am one), every aspect necessary. My brother reminded me when I was in an endeavor: "You are in the business of being in business". Great article!!

minor correction: "Long and Winding Road"
Posted by: BruceZed

Re: How do I become a Survival Instructor - 09/29/09 11:13 PM

I will apologize to Sir Paul when I see him next. The more you broaden your experience and training with other the better off you will be in the long run.