Updates on the RSK Mk V?

Posted by: oldsoldier

Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 04/27/09 08:59 PM

Just wondering if there has been any updates on when the availability is on these? I have mine pre ordered, and, last I heard, they were supposed to be available last week. However, checking the status, it is showing backordered-waiting on supplier. Any word on when the availability is?
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 04/27/09 09:43 PM

Doug is travelling with little computer availability. I'll ask him when he resurfaces.

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 04/27/09 10:22 PM

Thanks Chris.

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 05/03/09 12:19 AM

You hear anything at all? Last post was beginning of April.
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 05/03/09 12:57 AM

Sorry about the delay, nobody is happy about it, but... It is getting much closer. The sheath has been a very difficult issue. It has to be compact, fit in the tin, protect the suer and be fully functional and be affordable to manufacture as well. Images of the latst prototype sheath looks promising. We're all committed to getting this as right as we can, and I sincerely appreciate CRKT's patience and perseverance in this regard. We'll get it out as soon as we can. Nobody wants this more than me.
Posted by: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 05/03/09 02:38 AM

Looking forward to them!!!!
Posted by: JohnE

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 05/03/09 03:00 AM

I was gonna call you on this comment, " protect the suer" but given the nature of some of the more litigious folks in the world, it seems to fit...;^)

JohnE

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 05/03/09 11:30 AM

Thanks Doug. I appreciate you stepping in & letting us know.

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 05/27/09 06:32 PM

Any updates on this? Site still says they are backordered.

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 05/27/09 10:32 PM

Sheath design has been finalized, finally! Expect the RSK Mk5 to ship in the next 45-60 days, absent any further hiccups (fingers crossed mode). Sorry for the delay, but you'll like the end result. The new molded sheath should be much better.

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 05/29/09 11:08 AM

Thanks Doug! Its rare (read: unprecedented!) to have a manufacturer come forth with information firsthand. I appreciate the update-should make it just in time for my kayaking weekend trip!
Posted by: kd7fqd

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 05/29/09 03:23 PM

Just ordered (2)two placed on back order will ship when in stock

Mike

Doug, you will receive a portion of the sale thru CRKT website right?

MD

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 05/31/09 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By: kd7fqd
Just ordered (2)two placed on back order will ship when in stock

Mike

Doug, you will receive a portion of the sale thru CRKT website right?

MD

Thanks! Both I and ETS Foundation will recieve a royalty on all sales of the RSK Mk5.

Re: Updates on the RSK Mk V? - 06/29/09 01:18 PM

Doug, any update on this, or are they still on track for the 60 days? I have a kayak trip in the beginnining of August, and would REALLY like to give this thing a test! Let me know. Thanks!