Outdoors Show in Worcester MA this weekend

Posted by: oldsoldier

Outdoors Show in Worcester MA this weekend - 02/07/09 12:34 PM

Good morning all!!! I am not sure how many live in New England, but there is an outdoors show this weekend at the DCU center (Centrum if you've lived here most of your life) in Worcester, MA. Hunting, fishing, camping, and hiking gear, all for sale/demo. I plan on heading out there shortly. Just wanted to throw it out there!

Re: Outdoors Show in Worcester MA this weekend - 02/08/09 12:30 PM

Oddly, I didnt. It was mostly fishing & outfitters. I got to play with a few knives though.
They did have an ongoing demonstration for an outdoors skills school located about 2 hours from me. They were demonstrating a firebow, making a bow, making ash baskets, and how to build a survival shelter (thats all I saiw, I do believe there were others too). I had a nice little chat with the owner. And entered about a dozen raffles for fishing gear.
Posted by: Westwindmike

Re: Outdoors Show in Worcester MA this weekend - 02/08/09 02:08 PM

I suppose that being in MA, there were no guns at this show?

Re: Outdoors Show in Worcester MA this weekend - 02/08/09 07:47 PM

Actually, they did have some on display. Mossberg, Glock, S&W, Beretta, off the top of my head. One thing I DIDNT see, which struck me odd, were any bows, or muzzle loaders (I think there was one muzzle loader display, but do not recall ANY archery equipment). The only hunting allowed in MA is either archery or muzzle loader (we have a short shotgun season, buts its pretty restrictive, and most folks go north for their shotgun hunting). The vast majority of displays were geared towards fishing of some sort, and outfitters/guides. If I were a decent fisherman, I would've been in heaven; unfortunately, fish seem to sense my presence, and swim elsewhere. So, I'll stick with my inexpensive gear, and no luck smile.
They DID have both a reptile display and a birds of prey demonstration; I found both of these pretty fascinating....especially when the hawk refused to mind its owner. Beautiful birds though!!!